• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score

fromscrath

Reaction score
Quote:

Agreed CM. I like that inky blue blazer and it goes well with shirt and jeans. Shoes are too formal. Also, strangely your shoulders look about even but your right arm appears significantly longer than your left. This could be just the way you're standing, but if it's a natural trait it can be mitigated by lengthening the blazer sleeve.
Thank you both for the kind words! For a first post it is quite encouraging. The arm length is both due to the stance and it being actually longer by ~1cm.
The discrepancy is made obvious by the way the shirt was tucked out.
Except for the sleeve lengthening, what could be improved with the fit ?

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again to all those who like my pictures and who post pictures of themselves.

Out, like mad dogs and Englishmen, in the midday Sun on my way to a friend's art show and looking like Eisenhower was still president.

Middishade Madras jacket, Brooks Brothers blue PPBD shirt, Tie Bar blue silk knit tie, Squarexraordinaire blue cotton pocket square, Leather Man tan and blue surcingle belt, Land's End trousers, white socks, Bass Pomona Saddle Shoes, and the tie clip that usually doesn't show in my pictures.

Here's a close-up of the tie clip, which some out there might recognize as being a EMD GP-7 or early GP-9 without dynamic brakes and rebuilt with a chopped nose. Fifty years ago today, on June 21st 1965, I was wearing this tie clip when I went downtown to the Santa Fe Building on 6th and Main Street, filled out an application, took a written test, went to see the company doctor to make sure that I wasn't color blind, and was told that I would start working for the Santa Fe Railway at 6:00am on July 9th, 1965.

If the horror of Amtrak hadn't happened at 12:01AM EST on May 1st, 1971, I'd still be working for the railroad. Mr Finney, who was the Chief Clerk's, clerk told me to remember that the way to get ahead on the railroad was to always accept the credit and shift the responsibility.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roycru: what I especially like about your posts is that you're from LA. While there are quite a few posters from SF, you and SVB are among the rare ones from LA (full disclosure: I've never been to LA and perhaps never will, but I love the idea of LA).

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roycru: what I especially like about your posts is that you're from LA. While there are quite a few posters from SF, you and SVB are among the rare ones from LA (full disclosure: I've never been to LA and perhaps never will, but I love the idea of LA).

You should reconsider visiting… we get a bad rap sometimes. I too love Roy's posts, and also to try to figure what part of town he's in. :)

agp

Reaction score
New England summer beach/yacht wedding - do I need to wear a suit or is this okay? The jacket is usually not this snug... I just had a big dinner :embar:

Brands and stuff:
Modern Tailor shirt, white oxford cotton.
Tom Ford jacket, Windsor cut, Base D, from SS2014 collection.
7 For All Mankind jeans, slimmy.
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak watch.

Last edited:

agp

Reaction score
But what if it's a light-colored linen suit? Not that I have one.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads