• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GMM, every tie knot I have ever tied has been a half windsor. On topic, the tie width does not bother me much.

Then why did I get such a rash of **** for mine when I first showed up, hmmmm? Not the only such double standard I've encountered, I have to say....

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then why did I get such a rash of **** for mine when I first showed up, hmmmm? Not the only such double standard I've encountered, I have to say....

because you post more close-ups? Stitchy's pics tend to be more middle ground.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
+1 to HW. I use FIH more often, but will still wear HW regularly. Really depends on the tie. I have some which simply look better with a HW. I also tend to use HW more with wider lapels. And longer ties (such as older Henry Carter) where the tie "pen0r" would be too much even for me.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gents,
I find that I don't wear this silk/linen BB jacket often, partly because I feel like its proportions are off. If nothing else, it feels too long. What say you? Keep it or sell it?
TB

The length of the back of the jacket seems quite reasonable, but I think the bottom hems of the sides of the jacket appearing to be lower than the rear vent flap looks very wrong to me. It's not for me to recommend what you do with the jacket, but if I were to want to keep it, I'd have to get that corrected, if it can be corrected.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After a busy weekend, the simplest of attire for a foggy Monday.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - JAB
Braces - J. Press
PS - Alain Figaret
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

That looks really nice.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry the pictures are washed out! I'll fix that for future posts.
in the meantime: - the suit has a light blue windowpane in it - the shirt is light blue with green and white stripes - the tie is chocolate brown with blue dots - square is white linen
Like the tie! The jacket fit is good, though it looks like you may be able to swing a bit more length in the future. iPhone pics have a way of throwing proportions off so it's hard to tell. Shirt doesn't belong in this fit; would go solid light blue or pale pink since you've got a patterned tie and suit. And if you're going to do a plain white linen square I don't think a puff really works. It's kinda TV fold or maybe a few peaks or nothing. Lastly, pants are hemmed a bit too short it would seem from the first pic - looks like they're floating. If there's fabric left maybe consider getting them let out a bit?

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today -
Pal Zileri medium blue suit.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Looks similar but diff fit from yesterday. 10oz Carlo Barbera for H Lesser twill, silk knit + Vass Oxfords in Oxblood

Have you ever considered having a suit with stronger (maybe even extended) shoulders + chest drape/swell? I realize that's a complete 180 from your style, but..

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went a bit troppo today - don't know what possessed me.

I did have fun though!

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coxsackie, everyone in this life needs a bit of "de trop" now and again - good that you enjoyed it.

Speaking of "de trop", my attire today is a bit of overkill for the occasion, but I enjoy it.

Out to dinner with old friends this evening.

Suit - BBGF Regent
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Canali
PS - Alain Figaret
Cufflinks - Budd, London
Shoes - C & J

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads