• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@GMMcL

read my mind about the tie.
why knot do a double loop or a half windsor.
you prob know it better than me but your ties are always...skinny looking.  

Are you mad, sir? They're listening, you know!

(I did consider it, but without saying whether I actually ventured in public in so scandalous a fashion -- not that I'd admit something like that here! -- there's certainly no way I'd dare post pictures of it 'round these parts lest I expose myself to excoriation.)

Oh, and that picture IS of a fully SF-approved double FIH already.

Again, if you disapprove of the width, take it up with NMWA/Calabrese. It doesn't bother me a lick. YMMV.

(All in good fun, noods. Just kiddin around)

Last edited:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Again, if you disapprove of the width, take it up with NMWA/Calabrese. It doesn't bother me a lick. YMMV.

Quit licking your ties. It's causing shrinkage. ;)

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[COLOR=141823]backpack – GRUNGE JOHN ORCHESTRA sunglasses – Ermenegildo Zegna belt – Fratelli Rossetti bracelet – Viola Milano jacket/coat – Polo Ralph Lauren T-shirt – Barbour shoes – Church socks – Pantherella jeans – Bespoke perfume – ETRO “Vetiver”[/COLOR]​
Hi Victor, firstly I really enjoy your posts. I can imagine a lot of effort goes into making these fantastic shots. Today again great fit. Only concern how a rugged look goes with light coloured jeans. Or is it just to create the contrast? Please educate me
1f604.png

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Long time no see, TB! The jacket looks to be a hair long, but I think it might be exaggerated by the high-contrast pants. With a mid-gray lower half, I think it would be okay.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks. I think the tie is still only 3" so I can go a little wider, although this one matches the lapels really well. The collar is the same as [nearly] all my other shirts, but maybe you're thinking of that club collar cutaway I posted a couple weeks ago, and this is certainly less spread than that one.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thumbs yesterday. I tried to do all solids again today, but ended up with two patterns (pocket square and watch strap). I wanted to, but didn't wear my purple lapel flower today. It looks like you guys didn't mind it that much yesterday. I guess I look a bit like a blueberry today.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GMM, every tie knot I have ever tied has been a half windsor. On topic, the tie width does not bother me much.

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GMM, every tie knot I have ever tied has been a half windsor. On topic, the tie width does not bother me much.

And up until not too long ago Claghorn used the half Windsor with some frequency, too, if I recall correctly

With two of the best-dressed men on SF wearing that knot, perhaps we might finally put to rest the myth that it's ipso facto inappropriate.

Cheers,

Ac

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A tad hyperbolic on my part, perhaps. For 'inappropriate' substitute 'frowned-upon on SF', perhaps?

Cheers,

Ac

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The spreez, I can't has it? :[

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite things about your MC fits is that they are so obviously the product of careful, deliberate composition i.e. the anti-sprezzatura. Sprezz is a great look/aesthetic for lots of guys, but it's nice to see well executed alternatives, too.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
<3

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A tad hyperbolic on my part, perhaps. For 'inappropriate' substitute 'frowned-upon on SF', perhaps?

Cheers,

Ac

just had a look at some of your pics, and OMG HW's everywhere. I retract all of my reputations
angry.gif

S'all good. Clearly the half Windsor can b sprezzzacious

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry the pictures are washed out! I'll fix that for future posts.

in the meantime:
- the suit has a light blue windowpane in it
- the shirt is light blue with green and white stripes
- the tie is chocolate brown with blue dots
- square is white linen

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads