• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
new shoes!

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like the top. imo the chinos are WAY to casual for the rest of that fit.

I totally agree.

I agree with stitcher regarding the pants, though I'm less averse to them. Tonally (since this seems to be what's on my mind) the shirt and pants in combination are reminiscent of summer where as the tie, square, and jacket work to create a rustic feel that jars against this. The shirt can work with the top because light blue is a total work horse, but this creates a discordance with the bottom. I think a mid grey flannel trouser would be much better, along with a pair of dark brown suede derbies. All over though - did I get to this statement before anyone else? - I wish more first posts in this thread were as consistent as this.

Also, beware the moose knuckle. We are not tailors - which often bears repeating - and do not need to know which way you dress.
I've not been big on stripes either. My last few tie purchases have been macclesfield prints, which I should probably stop. Maybe I should go in for it just to break the cycle. They also still have the forest green with dots in stock. Maybe I'll make a run at both. Something to think on today.

Interesting thoughts! Thanks for your input.

Moose knuckle? Haha. Trust me, there's no moose knuckle action going on in that shot. Must be some kind of light phenomenon or something. But then again, my pents have been known to be somewhat of a rorschach test - in them, people often see what they want to see.
wink.gif

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies gents!

AAS, what color is your tie in that fit? Nice use of color as usual..

Stitchie, love the color of that suit. Is the jacket the usual length? It seems a bit short.

Choc, you are consistently killing it!

Rudals, nice looking suit/shirt/tie combo. Hate the oversize/casual watch though.

Now, what is this Friday challenge guys are referring too?

Last edited:

Ebonyman

Reaction score

Like the 2nd shot much better and sweet pair of shoes you got there. And please stop taking pictures in the public mens room...or is that your one at home?
lurker%5B1%5D.gif
Thanks Rudals. That's the men's room at work....:rotflmao:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A (questionably) purple tie for the Friday challenge. Ebonyman, I trust the full-length shot amply demonstrates my fitness for the bald-head club. Try not to let the shine blind you.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh, and Stitchy, you look great today (or yesterday, I guess)

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that's a smart suit Kai and Holdfast- like it a lot Fox 13 oz navy flannel, English cut by Mears. and w patch pockets, which i regret repp tie linen square
Jacket and tie looks a bit long, no? Other than that, it looks like a rather nice ensemble. May I ask what you regret with the patch pockets? Is it the pairing with a flannel suit? I'm having thoughts about purchasing a grey flannel suit with 2 patch pockets and would very much appreciate your input and expertise. Other are of course also welcome with inputs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads