• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

banis

Reaction score
tumblr_lup72dThno1qexpu3

Mr.P

Reaction score

proper white shirt

In my humble opinion, it is the blue shirt that is proper with that suit. I agree that it doesn't flatter you; the first thing I notice is that it has a high buttoning point relative to your other suits.

ourmaninLisbon

Reaction score
rob075.jpg

New suit...needs a better press on the lapel roll and perhaps let out in the waist suppression just a touch. Thoughts?

I dig the outfit, and I think that there not much to improve. And the shoes are a beauty.
Though, is true I like the tie, but also think that two years ago you had a more daring style,and surely, by that time you would put another kind of tie :)

Cheers

Vic

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Really like the black shoes with jeans, details please.

Denim is skinny guy broken twill by naked and famous, shoes are john varvatos...nothing fancy, but i REALLY dig the way they are shaped.

I usually like what you wear a lot, but this is not good. It might be Oxxford, but there's almost nothing that's working about it -  cut, texture, colour (it looks like you are trying to camouflage yourself against your walls and carpet...).  It is probably a high quality mix (silk-linen or silk-wool-linen?), but it manages to look like a cheap generic summer cotton suit. Having said that, I have looked for several years for a light-coloured suit that works for me and I have never found one that makes me entirely comfortable, so I may just have an unreasonable prejudice against them, but it really doesn't look like you are wearing this with confidence either. 

Im REALLY trying to talk myself into keeping it. its a gorgeous fabric, VERY well made, but I dont think its made right for me. Breaks my heart because i just got the perfect orange cashmere tie to go with it :(
In my humble opinion, it is the blue shirt that is proper with that suit. I agree that it doesn't flatter you; the first thing I notice is that it has a high buttoning point relative to your other suits.

for some reason the blue looked off to me. Unfortunately, i think the fit of the suit is just throwing my eye off completely. :(

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Boring Tuesday.
90226408.jpg

61a74496.jpg

b8d43c26.jpg

d69a8352.jpg

nice, but me thinks black shoes would have been better... just my $ 0.02
by the way could you post deets on the suit.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Since I actually put on a suit last night (for the gents over in Rock Your Socks) I figure I might as well throw it up on WAYW. I humbly submit my finest FU suit:

Suit: Armani
Shirt: RLPL (it's lilac, btw)
Tie: LV
PS: White linen
Shoes: AS

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Definitely pulling a bit at the button, causing the fronts to spread out a bit too much below, I think. Though less suppression might leave too much material around the chest (ie. I'm not sure if there's too much material there or not at the moment, because it's distorted/disguised by the high amount of waist suppression). Also, I wish you'd gone regular flap pockets instead of patches, but I guess that's just personal preference.

also....opinions on this oxxford suit? (disregard the blue shirt) would like some feedback on fit.

Difficult to tell with the angled pose. A straighter-on photo would be easier to judge. Still, it seems generally OK, and likely to respond well to some tweaking at the waist and maybe the trousers too.

It looks like your hair is on upside down

My professional rates, for anyone seriously disturbed by this image, are eminently reasonable... :p

Last edited:

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude, what the **** happened to the relevancy of your comment? Its my sisters' room, the only one with a full-body mirror, so I'll leave the cleanliness to her.

Relevant: Ditch the camel hair jacket and dress a bit more age appropriate. That you care this much at your age suggests that when you do reach an age where camel hair wouldn't look too affected, you will look smashing. Welcome to SF, BTW.

Irrelevant: Is she hot? (No ****)

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has there been a most pulloffable outrageous fit challenge here yet?

Pretty much. It's what the Friday contests eventually turned into :laugh:

I'm only partially kidding. I actually miss those contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads