1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks great

2. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Well-Known Member

yeah those shoes^^ are sick.

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Woe, you seem the type to have some tail following you around. [​IMG]

I think that's 'cos he's what they call a cool cat... [​IMG]

it's a regular Pussy Galore over at my house![​IMG]

Are you guys talking about vagina?

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

Are you guys talking about vagina?

teh emoticons sum it up.

5. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

6. niidawg3

niidawg3 Well-Known Member

Another day ... another dollar ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SpooPoker

Nii, Why do large pots follow you? [​IMG]

8. niidawg3

My friend, you have done well, papa

Where you dey go for vacation?

Onua mi da waasi ... ade Buenos Aires ... but hopefully ago dey GH this xmas. We for tear it up!!

Excellent stuff.

thanks Agent 5

[​IMG]

i totally dig this ... crumpled linen jacket and all.

really love the jacket. not a fan of the shoes.

Killer suit #2[​IMG]

you far too kind comrade!

Again looks pretty good, would love to see a darker pair of shoes with the fit instead of these same shoes again.

+1 ... agree with every word.

9. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Very close to fitting correctly. One size up should do it.

10. chrisb0109

chrisb0109 Well-Known Member

Very close to fitting correctly. One size up should do it.

when do we get to see you in your too big clothes?

11. niidawg3

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. gshen

gshen Well-Known Member

Back from a short trip to the Kong!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Met up with a MysteryJapaneseShoemaker (MJS) to check out his wares:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trip wouldn't be complete without some local grub of course..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. cardguy

cardguy Well-Known Member

GShen, like the button-down shirts. Brand/style?

14. gshen

gshen Well-Known Member

GShen, like the button-down shirts. Brand/style?
    Thanks - the first pic is pure linen, done by a local tailor, and the second is by the famed Peter Lee.

15. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Well-Known Member

I appreciate the sentiment--ad hominem was always a sentimental favorite--but back to his pulling-at-the-waist, bottom-button-thirty-degrees-from-top-button jacket. I really have nothing against well-tailored clothing. (At my size, there's no other option.) And overcompensation is natural. In the effort to wear clothes that fit, some guys will wind up with undersized clothing.

16. literasyme

literasyme Well-Known Member

I appreciate the sentiment--ad hominem was always a sentimental favorite--but back to his pulling-at-the-waist, bottom-button-thirty-degrees-from-top-button jacket. I really have nothing against well-tailored clothing. (At my size, there's no other option.) And overcompensation is natural. In the effort to wear clothes that fit, some guys will wind up with undersized clothing.

No doubt. But that's not the case here. The coat in question is very slim-fitting, but the shoulders, chest, and seat all seem to fit very well (the lapels don't buckle, the shoulders don't bulge, the bottom of the coat doesn't flare out). I agree that the waist looks a tiny bit snug and the sleeves could be a hair longer (though the crumpling likely is to blame here). It also seems clear, though, that the coat is cut in such a way that the bottom button isn't supposed to be buttoned and the quarters are meant to open up quite a bit -- plus, the wearer is in motion, thus opening up the quarters on his left even more. Compared to the many too-tight-chested coats we see on WAYWT these days, this strikes me as an excellent example of a snug but well-fitted jacket.

17. SpooPoker

Wut? [​IMG]

18. P-K-L

P-K-L Well-Known Member

19. SpooPoker

An uninspired, rainy, depressing morning. Blah. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. barims

barims Well-Known Member

No doubt. But that's not the case here. The coat in question is very slim-fitting, but the shoulders, chest, and seat all seem to fit very well (the lapels don't buckle, the shoulders don't bulge, the bottom of the coat doesn't flare out). I agree that the waist looks a tiny bit snug and the sleeves could be a hair longer (though the crumpling likely is to blame here). It also seems clear, though, that the coat is cut in such a way that the bottom button isn't supposed to be buttoned and the quarters are meant to open up quite a bit -- plus, the wearer is in motion, thus opening up the quarters on his left even more. Compared to the many too-tight-chested coats we see on WAYWT these days, this strikes me as an excellent example of a snug but well-fitted jacket.

Very insightful. This highlights the problem with Nitpick Doyens - their barely observant point-scoring often makes the truly bitchy seem intelligent and reasonable

I've a ramie jacket that I've not yet posted here (but can be seen by the curious here), which wears similarly to that fellow's jacket, including the pulling that is not strictly due to being too tight - in fact, mine gives me ample breathing room despite having been suppressed further in the waist. I think it's down to fabric softness, but mainly, I think it happens most often due to the way in which the button is sewn on and how the left side of the jacket fastens to it

I also find the occasional stigma against shorter sportcoats a little baffling - it's a tweak, not an uprising

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.