• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
My gut reaction was 1) wanting to see a knit tie (same shade would be nice) or something a little more "casual" against the peach pants and 2) a color contrasting rather than so closely matching square.

stop splitting hairs. spoo x2 = win

Oleg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Been preoccupied with Giro de Italia, Rugby Super 14 & Betty, but here's today..

Had to post the old guy.. Anyone know him?
100523brog-6.jpg

Is it not DTO's dad?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
Alden unstructured low tops. They're pretty similar to the chukkas everyone wears but in a lowtop version.

like them better.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
Can't decide what is the better post.
Originally Posted by yfyf
Even I think the second one is better (but only just)
Hah! Thanks guys.. and I did like your shirt, yfyf.
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
I didnt know before, but now I know that I always wanted Mrs.Spoo to make her debut in WAYWN.
Thank you Cravate - You would be happy to know that Mrs. Spoo hails from the hills of Deutchland, and makes a schnitzel and rollaten just every inch as good as she fills out that Cavalli gown.
bigstar[1].gif
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Splendid in every way, shape and form.
worship.gif
My gut reaction was 1) wanting to see a knit tie (same shade would be nice) or something a little more "casual" against the peach pants and 2) a color contrasting rather than so closely matching square.
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Maybe I'm misinterpreting your second point, CG, but it seems to me that Spoo's PS is exactly what keeps this outfit in balance. Don't you think he needs to bring a flash of that bold color from the slacks into his top half?
Personal preference... I probably would have opted for something seemingly not identical in color.
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
stop splitting hairs. spoo x2 = win
Interesting debate. I really thought long and hard about the PS, and besides a white linen TV fold, there was nothing else I could think of that would work. Red? No way. Yellow? Perhaps, but I thought it would be too over the top. Green? No. Blue? Too matchy matchy with the tie. Purple? No. I thought the orange tipped was a good choice...
Originally Posted by MWSartorian
Great suit. Zegna?
Thank you - its Zegna for Gianni Versace Couture.
Originally Posted by JayJay
Are the pants BB Milano? Nice pics of you and Mrs. Spoo.
bigstar[1].gif
Thanks Jay - they are the Milanos, good eye. I love the fit, and I think next sale Im going back to pick up the rest of the colors I missed.
Originally Posted by JPHardy
If, I was very wealthy, shaved my legs and had a subjective digest, I would put this picture in it. Sadly, I don't. I didn't quote the Mrs. because I'm sure she will be quote a dozen plus times.
You could have quoted her... she is enjoying the attention she got here. You guys are good ego boosters. And I appreciate your plug for me in a digest... Its the thought that counts. No need to go shaving your legs
lol8[1].gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
stop splitting hairs.

he's very good at that...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thank you Cravate - You would be happy to know that Mrs. Spoo hails from the hills of Deutchland, and makes a schnitzel and rollaten just every inch as good as she fills out that Cavalli gown.
bigstar[1].gif

sorry spoo, germans are not supposed to make a good schnitzel.

rouladen and sauerbraten - yes they are.
smile.gif

lapskaus is delicious, too

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
sorry spoo, germans are not supposed to make a good schnitzel.

rouladen and sauerbraten - yes they are.
smile.gif

lapskaus is delicious, too

Well... she does! Sauerbraten, yes, that too, but it is not my favorite. Homemade spaetzle, rouladen, and some red cabbage and I am set. You are more than welcome to stop by fritzl, and sample for yourself! Ill pour you a Franziskaner while you are here.
cheers.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Well... she does! Sauerbraten, yes, that too, but it is not my favorite. Homemade spaetzle, rouladen, and some red cabbage and I am set. You are more than welcome to stop by fritzl, and sample for yourself! Ill pour you a Franziskaner while you are here.
cheers.gif

i love the idea. thank you for the warm welcome.
smile.gif

Franziskaner is great. i'm always torn between Franziskaner and Schneider Weisse.
cheers.gif

i'll bring some paprika...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads