• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me any info on these Brioni labels? How long and what period of time did the first one run for and when did they start (and stop) using that second one? And I was under the impression that the second one was the more recent one, however it seems like a huge step back, the first one provides far more information and is reminiscent of the new labels in that sense. Help is much appreciated, thanks a bunch.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about to search the thread (and will edit when I find it) but posting in the event anyone knows offhand. Edit: Went back several hundred posts and came up empty. Someone posted the same tag in a LB "Club" suit, but nobody knew.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone know how to date yohji?

Hoofit

Reaction score
^^^^ Too funny.
Can anyone confirm Crockett Jones?

namdaemun

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes for BB when it's made in England?? Chester Barrie??

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wishful thinking! That can be one of many outerwear makers from Tibbett to Gloverall, to contracting back alley shops that I used to work at in 80ies (suits for Marks and Spencer and couple of pretty big name outfits:)

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wishful thinking! That can be one of many outerwear makers from Tibbett to Gloverall, to contracting back alley shops that I used to work at in 80ies (suits for Marks and Spencer and couple of pretty big name outfits:)

Yeah, I would agree. I think it's going to be very hard to nail down the maker. Could have been tons of folks.

namdaemun

Reaction score

Yeah, I would agree. I think it's going to be very hard to nail down the maker. Could have been tons of folks.
Thanks fellas. Never knew BB outsourced to so many diff factories for their pieces.

zebrasky

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this...

I bought a pair of shoes recently and I'm not sure who makes them. Long story short, a place I know gets made in the USA shoes/boots that have small defects, and they sell them for cheap. They are new, but have small, mostly unnoticeable issues. Also, they have no markings, labels, or logos other than a size tag with "Made in the USA" on it. For example, I have been able to successfully identify a pair of Gorilla chukkas (which I bought for $49!!), a pair of Frye boots, and two pairs of RRL boots. I believe they are all companies that use Horween leather, and this particular store gets batches of "second stock" (I believe this is the term the employee used) with their normal shipments. These make of the shoes in the pics below though, have evaded me. I hope someone can help!

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are Red Wings. They punch a hole in the tongue of seconds. I would say Heritage collection

zebrasky

Reaction score
That is definitely the closest to a match. Would the sole be different on a second stock shoe? I haven't seen any of the red wings with that heel.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not seen their Oxfords but they do use that sole. BTW if you find any second Beckman chukkas or boots there lemme know for proxy :embar:

zebrasky

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks so much for your help. Knowing these are Red Wings just made my week. Just this past Monday I bought my first pair of Chippewa's (6" Cordovan service boot). So that's TWO pairs of wonderfully made in the US shoes in the same week. I'm in heaven.

Also, I'll definitely let you know if I ever come across a pair of beckmans. Its a real possibility.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads