• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with the ID of this sofa.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the more furniture savvy SF'er. Could someone please help me ID my new sofa? There are no tags or other distinguishing marks I have found. The wood is teak. Any info is greatly appreciated.

sofa4.jpg

sofa1.jpg

sofa2.jpg

sofa3f.jpg

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bump.

Anyone have any idea, or a place where I can begin to look.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the help guys.

Originally Posted by mcqueen
I would also recommend posting on designaddict.com There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on the forum

It looks like a Milo Baughman sofa designed for Thayer-Coggin

I am 99% (only 99% because I suffer from a severe lack of intelligence.) sure that it is a Milo Baughman. The price range on some of these vintage pieces is crazy. Some sites have the sofas by Baughman listed from 7k to 2.5k. Our sectional was made by Royal Steel of Chicago I might try and continue the American made theme for the rest of the room. It's a shame we bought a table from Greg's people.

Originally Posted by crazyquik
Is that your place or a showroom?

I lifted the pics from the showroom's site. Why would I want you pervs looking into my house?

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
If it isn't a Case Sofa by Baughman, then it is made to look just like one. The little wood pieces at the bottom of the steel legs seems unusual. And I believe it is walnut, not teak. The real issue though, is whoever reupholstered it, did a very poor job.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads