1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help me pick out some new jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SoooSooSuave, May 20, 2006.

1. SoooSooSuave

SoooSooSuave Member

I need some new jeans. I plan on buying two pairs of jeans from the denim bar sale. However, I don't know a lot about denim, and I figured it'd be best to get some input here before I call Mauro and place an order.

Here's my measurements:
    6'2", 175 lbs, average build.
    33 waist / 32 inseam

I don't have alot of jeans currently. I have a couple of old levi's and two new paper denim & cloth jeans. The Paper Denim & Cloth jeans are: LTD Low 5 Wide in 2-year wash, and ICN Slash Pocket in 1-year wash. Both are a 33" waist with a bootcut and fit me well.

Here's what I'd like in the new pair of jeans:
    -one (maybe two) of my new jeans to not be bootcut.
    -a pair of dark indigo jeans. I've seen the colors of the APC jeans on their website and they look fantastic.
    -possibly a pair of grey or black jeans. Most of my jeans are light, so another darker jean would be good.
    -one of the jeans to be raw selvedge denim

I'm currently considering getting some Rag+Bone and APC jeans. I'm not sure what style would be best or if I should go with another brand. I also don't know what differentiates the APC models that the Denim Bar has in stock: rescue, hipster, and cure. If someone could explain the differences between them, that'd be great (i searched but couldn't find anything).

Thanks alot.

2. Geowu

Geowu Well-Known Member

you're right. my contribution:

rescue is a straight leg, a regular fit.
    hipster is a womens cut, with a lower rise and slim fit. men can wear it too.
    cure is slimmer, tappered, the selvage is cut off.

3. Ahaz

Ahaz Well-Known Member

At 6' 2", I have no idea how you would fit into the Rag & Bone. Maybe you wear your jeans low, but that seems much too tall for a 32" inseam.

My first pair of dry jeans was the Sven, and I think it's a great cut to start with. Flattering fit, yet fairly democratic. It will look good without drawing too much attention for being outside the 'norms' as far as fit goes.

4. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Well-Known Member

the APC straight (or rescue as it was previously named) sounds like a good starter too. dry, with that lovely colour you mentioned, and regular fit.

5. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Well-Known Member

can i hear a sugar cane sc41947A? (or an eternal 811?)

6. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Well-Known Member