• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatfields & McCoys

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone catch this? Watched the first episode last night and it was pretty good overall. Condensed timeline but seems fairly accurate. Costner really nails "Devil Anse" and Paxton does a fair "Ole Ran'l."

lefty

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It seems accurate? I admit I didn't pay attention to the trailer TOO much, but the impression I got was they were going to depict an all-out war, when the reality was far more boring. Maybe I just misinterpreted it.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is some license, but there were a few all out slaughters as I remember.

Either way, I think it's a good show.

lefty

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've enjoyed it

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have liked to have seen it, but six hours seemed like a bit much to me.

One thing that puzzles me is that quite a few commentators discussing the series describe it as a "western." This seems an odd turn of phrase for events that occurred around the Kentucky/West Virginia border. That area hadn't exactly been "the West" for almost a century before the two clans began a-feudin'. Any idea why it would be called a "western"?

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People shot each other with pistols?

It did drag a little at the end and it became pretty tough to follow who was who and what they had done. It was interesting how integrated the families were by marriage or work. McCoys seemed to get the short end of the stick for the most part.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads