• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Father's Day

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watching the US Open. #2 son is at camp, but going to dinner with #1 son later.

Will call Dad in a while.

Texted a young lady I know who lost her father a week or so ago to let her know I was thinking of her today.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soxpats
Have 2 sons but really think of Fathers day as a day where I try and spend time or at least touch base with my dad. Not a day that I am concerned with getting gifts. Both sons and wife checked in so all is good. Got a chance to see my dad Tuesday when I was in Northeast and talked to him just now. Unfortunately he is in a rehab center until Tuesday and has cancer that is kicking his ass. I hope everyone enjoys that day and if your dad is still with you that you get to spend time or at least talk to yours.

Tough to hear this. My father's beaten cancer twice in the last two years, and he's beginning to think he's good at it. Is yours a Bruins fan? If so, at least he's got that.

Originally Posted by Digmenow
"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Consider this an intervention. You're welcome.

Two steps to improving your life:

1) Stop being a sanctimonious git
2) Eat a ******* Crunchie

(2) will make (1) easier. As will pulling the stick out of your ass. Did you call your Dad? I didn't think so.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Two steps to improving your life:

1) Stop being a sanctimonious git
2) Eat a ******* Crunchie

(2) will make (1) easier. As will pulling the stick out of your ass. Did you call your Dad? I didn't think so.

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had some tiny Toblerones with my wife when the kids are up in bed...

Happy father's day kids.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup - got to play in a soccer tournament.

Originally Posted by soxpats
Have 2 sons but really think of Fathers day as a day where I try and spend time or at least touch base with my dad. Not a day that I am concerned with getting gifts. Both sons and wife checked in so all is good. Got a chance to see my dad Tuesday when I was in Northeast and talked to him just now. Unfortunately he is in a rehab center until Tuesday and has cancer that is kicking his ass. I hope everyone enjoys that day and if your dad is still with you that you get to spend time or at least talk to yours.

Sorry to hear that - good that you're spending quality time with him.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Tough to hear this. My father's beaten cancer twice in the last two years, and he's beginning to think he's good at it. Is yours a Bruins fan? If so, at least he's got that. Two steps to improving your life: 1) Stop being a sanctimonious git 2) Eat a ******* Crunchie (2) will make (1) easier. As will pulling the stick out of your ass. Did you call your Dad? I didn't think so.
Manorexia is not for the faint of heart. It takes commitment. If quoting Kate Moss is a form of sanctimony then I need to include more smilies in my posts.
lol8[1].gif
I talk to my Dad daily. I have to hope that he hears me. I like to think so anyhow. It's good your Dad has overcome his illness twice and is still around. Mine passed unexpectedly in the middle of the night in a matter of minutes. I couldn't get there in time but he already knew that I loved him before he left. Happy Father's Day, man. Cheers!

JGloger

Reaction score
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there, and happy 'Not a Fathers Day' to all those who have dodged the bullet of unexpected/unplanned fatherhood.

Going shooting with Dad in a few hours then taking home to dinner.

Also: Call your dad
smile.gif

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Manorexia is not for the faint of heart. It takes commitment.

If quoting Kate Moss is a form of sanctimony then I need to include more smilies in my posts.
lol8[1].gif

I talk to my Dad daily. I have to hope that he hears me. I like to think so anyhow. It's good your Dad has overcome his illness twice and is still around. Mine passed unexpectedly in the middle of the night in a matter of minutes. I couldn't get there in time but he already knew that I loved him before he left.

Happy Father's Day, man.

Cheers!

fistbump.gif
I knew I'd heard that somewhere. Thanks for a solid response. Have a great day.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
change of plans we are ice skating now havin a blast, called dad may stop by later. I am also thinking about my grandfathers, both of whom have passed in the past few years, we miss you both.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fourth.
Do I understand correctly that it's a custom in the US (and other countries too?) to say "happy father's day" to other dads? Here it isn't, that's why I ask.

And did you all get a painted rock?

tone76

Reaction score
Father's Day is my favourite of the Hallmark Holidays. Mainly because it's the only one where I score anything. It's also the least expensive.
teacha.gif

Kaaspeer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
My fourth. Do I understand correctly that it's a custom in the US (and other countries too?) to say "happy father's day" to other dads? Here it isn't, that's why I ask. And did you all get a painted rock?
I'm currently looking at the rock I gave my dad about 17 years ago (I'm 21 y.o. now).. I must say that it withstood the test of time to some degree.
fjgml0.jpg
Painted rocks are still the way to go.. Would've saved me some money this year. He forgot to check in his pocket knife at the airport, so I gave him a new one.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Son took me to dinner and to a movie (Midnight in Paris). Great time. He and my other son also bought me two books: Life by Keith Richards and The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, neither of which I've read.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Son took me to dinner and to a movie (Midnight in Paris). Great time. He and my other son also bought me two books: Life by Keith Richards and The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, neither of which I've read.

sounds like you had a great day mark, very nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads