• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H&K shirts in the DC area?

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my first H&K shirt recently (on sale for 45 GBP) and love it. However, the shipping was out of control, but I decided to splurge since I was trying out the shirt for fit (probably should have ordered more shirts, but was one a budget).

Anyhow, anyone know of a H&K dealer in the DC area?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saks? Actually I don't know if Saks still carries H&K. Anyways, the closest I know to D.C. is in Cambridge, Mass. Drinkwater's is the name of the store, Gary is the proprietor (he is a member of the forum) and he is excellent when it comes to customer service.

You will need to tailor the H&K shirt, i.e. at the sleeves and most likely at the side seams, plus H&K shirts tend to run long, but after alterations it should fit really well. If you ordered 3 H&K shirts (3 is the minimum order) through their Sale By Mail catalogue / online, you could have spent $109 per shirt, BUT shipping and taxes are included in the price.

Jon.

Leslierc

Reaction score
I own a solid grey H&K shirt that I purchased from the Saks Men's Store at the Mazza Gallerie several years ago. I don't know if they still carry that brand though.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
William Fox on G Street carries them.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, RJ!

I was at Saks a couple weekends ago and don't recall seeing H&K.

"You will need to tailor the H&K shirt, i.e. at the sleeves and most likely at the side seams, plus H&K shirts tend to run long, but after alterations it should fit really well. If you ordered 3 H&K shirts (3 is the minimum order) through their Sale By Mail catalogue / online, you could have spent $109 per shirt, BUT shipping and taxes are included in the price."

Thanks for the info. I did find the shirt to be long, but the fit was actually pretty good out of the box. I'm certain there is room for tailoring, but at $90 for the shirt, does tailoring really make sense financially? I assume those kinds of alterations (seams and sleeves) would run in the $20-30 range? Is it worth it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads