• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great deal on half a suit! Where do I find the rest? *pics

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I managed to find a 38R Ermenegildo Zegna suit at Filene's Basement, but they're missing the pants. They gave me the jacket, which is impeccable, for $215... so I am half way to a great suit!

Where do you think I could find pants to match? Should I even bother, or should I just find pants that look good with it (grey pants and caramel pants would work)? Maybe get something custom to match, as there seems to be a few places online where I could do this cheap, any suggestions? Should I just sell it?

Thanks for the Help!

Pics Below, they were taken with my Blackberry, so sorry about the quality.

IMG00289.jpg

IMG00285.jpg

IMG00287.jpg

IMG00293.jpg

IMG00295.jpg

IMG00290.jpg

CoryB

Reaction score
That is unfortunately always going to look like half a suit. A pinstripe jacket is always an orphaned suit jacket and you will never find the matching pants.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sell it on eBay (w/ a .99 cent start).
Better yet return it.
Don't make the same mistake again.
All my humble opinion of course. . .

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Return that, terrible deal for the price you paid. It's not real Zegna, it just uses Zegna cloth. An exact match will be difficult to find, and striped jackets don't really work as sport coats with odd trousers (maybe with jeans, that is debatable, ask drizzt).

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half way is no way.

Bring it back.

penguin vic

Reaction score
What everyone else said. It's not a Zegna, it's half a suit and its useless ... and expensive for $215. They saw you coming. Sorry.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with the consensus opinion to return the jacket. As VMan points out, the jacket is not Zegna, it is merely made with Zegna cloth. I have seen these suits at FB, and $215 is not a great deal on the entire suit, much less just the jacket.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of the Zegna differences... I'm still in the learning phase of how to dress as I get older and earn enough to buy better stuff. So, are the EZ Travelers to be avoided? Who makes them?

Maybe this question would be best suited (no pun) for a separate thread, but is there much of anything worth getting at FB?

There is a suit sale on March 3rd, and they are allowing people to put suits on hold until then, I grabbed a Loro Piana 38R and with the discount it will be $400. Am I making the same mistake on that too? I didn't think of taking pictures at the store, but I will take some after I do pick it up then.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads