• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good tailer in the Los Angeles area.

Lays84

Reaction score
I'm in la for next couple of days and I need a tailor to do some minor alterations (pant hems, buttons) any ideas? Thanx in advance
smile.gif
:

CriticalFish

Reaction score
There's a really good guy on Wilshire just east of La Cienega... about 5 blocks from the Flynn building. I think it's called "Wilshire Tailor". There's a pizza place and a McDonalds next door. He's not cheap but does excellent work.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CriticalFish
There's a really good guy on Wilshire just east of La Cienega... about 5 blocks from the Flynn building. I think it's called "Wilshire Tailor". There's a pizza place and a McDonalds next door. He's not cheap but does excellent work.
Yes, it's "Wilshire Tailor". Paul's a good guy. Probably a bit cheaper than Charles, but for minor alterations the price difference probably isn't worth worrying about. If you're only in town for a few days, I'd worry more about turnaround -- you should call and see if they can handle something quickly for you. I've generally found Paul to be a bit quicker than Charles, but I'm generally not in a hurry so I don't know which is more likely to be willing to handle a rush job.
Originally Posted by discostu004
three words:
Charles The Tailor on pico and olympic (I think someone correct me if that's wrong)

Close -- not bad for a Texan. But Olympic and Pico are run parallel to each other. It's Olympic and La Peer (props to Baron, who in another recent thread corrected me after I inadvertently moved Charles a few blocks east to Olympic and Sweetzer).

If you're talking truly minor alterations and both of those guys are too busy, you might try Pico Cleaners at Pico and Oakhurst. They're my regular dry cleaners and their alterations folks are fine for minor stuff in my experience. They can definitely turn something around in a couple of days for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads