• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No worries. In short, too cut away and collar points are a bit short. I did send them the exact measurements off the pc site.

I've been meaning to give pc a go but the weak AUD and $30 shipping has had me putting it off.

Again, many thanks.

I've found PC good to work with, and their website is top notch, but I'm looking for another blue-on-white stripe dress shirt and they just don't have anything that grabs me. In the past couple of months they seem to be moving more toward casual shirting; here's the entirety of their stock of stripes and, weirdly, a majority are horizontal:

http://propercloth.com/fabrics/striped/

That's a bummer about the AUD (for purchasing, at least; I suspect it's brought you a few new customers from outside Australia, no?). I wish there was a Eurozone company which did custom shirts in this price range: the EUR was down to 1.08 USD last I checked earlier today.

Cheers,

Ac

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score

To be honest, it looks bad, on you as well. The difference between how steed jackets look on you and on Vox is a massive.

I don't know why I say to be honest, because I'm always honest. Nothin but the harsh truth for you guys. Pads would look good on you.

That's it. I am going to Victoria's Secretary to get me some pad!

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

To be honest, it looks bad, on you as well. The difference between how steed jackets look on you and on Vox is a massive.

I don't know why I say to be honest, because I'm always honest. Nothin but the harsh truth for you guys. Pads would look good on you.

wow harsh truth really makes you think. you brave man.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What about roping the end of a sloped shoulder?

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow harsh truth really makes you think. you brave man.

Nothing brave about it, as I know you were talking in jest, as was I. However, I seriously do think a lot of people could use some shoulder pads. They shouldn't be so vilified as they are at the moment.

I'm going to try a roped shoulder on my next suit as well. Probably a navy mohair peak lapel, although I might just go for a notch lapel to make it slightly more versatile.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What about roping the end of a sloped shoulder?

I'm not sure what the effect would be. Your shoulders would still be sloped, but they will look a bit stronger. I guess it depends on how strongly it's roped. Probably best to try on a suit with a roped shoulder to see if you like it.

I can't stress this enough, you can read all you want, but it won't help you much if you don't see it for yourself. If you live in a reasonably big city, just take an afternoon to try on loads of different cuts and different brands. You'll be able to see how each one looks on you, and what you like/dislike about it. Once you've done that, you should know what looks good on you,

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

However, I seriously do think a lot of people could use some shoulder pads. They shouldn't be so vilified as they are at the moment.

I'm going to try a roped shoulder on my next suit as well. Probably a navy mohair peak lapel, although I might just go for a notch lapel to make it slightly more versatile.

I have suits that are structured (padded) and suits that are considered soft. Which is considered flattering?

Padded/structured

Soft

Last edited:

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently wrote a post on my blog about proper funeral attire. In it I mentioned that a funeral is one of those occasions where it's totally fine to skip the PS although I myself still wear a white one. What are your thoughts on this subject?

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have suits that are structured (padded) and suits that are considered soft. Which is considered flattering?

Padded/structured

Soft

Those are terrible pictures of what look like beautiful suits. Camera timer, yo!

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently wrote a post on my blog about proper funeral attire. In it I mentioned that a funeral is one of those occasions where it's totally fine to skip the PS although I myself still wear a white one. What are your thoughts on this subject?

Wore this to a funeral (not a close friend) on Tuesday. White linen is always appropriate for funerals, weddings etc imo

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Recent funeral...I don't wear a PS 99% of the time.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
I am quite surprised to see mid grey suits for funerals. I would do all black. Try to be respectful to the deceased and his/her family.

I was unemployed for 3 months after I graduated from college so I worked delivering flowers. There were couple times when I had to deliver to a funeral home or to a church holding the funeral. Usually, the flowers were delivered to a certain area but this one time they told me to put it right in front of the coffin. The coffin was open.

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score

Why is black more respectful?

You misunderstood. I should have wrote it better. I wear black.

But the most important thing is to dress in a way that is respectful to the deceased and his/her family. I am not say black does that. I am saying however I dress that is my goal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads