• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girl Issues, Need Advice vol. infinity

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really looking for any advice, I just need to say/type this somewhere and I don't want to sound like a pathetic **** in front of my friends.

so freshman year has been a failure of epic proportions with regards to women for me, but whatever, idgaf.
The other night I finally meet this girl that seems chill as hell, we hangout a bit, whatever. Details are a little blurry but she seemed really cool and I think we got along well. Didn't get her number because the night ended weird (power trip RA tweaked on a bunch of us), but anyway I want to hang out with her again but it's the end of the semester and I'm not sure if I'll see her at all this year (she said she doesn't go out much) and it just pisses me off.

well I guess I'd rather sound like a pathetic **** to strangers on sf than to my friends.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She was probably bored at the party, had no one else to talk to, and settled with you. She has most likely already forgotten about you as well. Don't get me wrong, she probably did enjoy the chitchat but at the end of the day, that's all it was. Chitchat.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
She was probably bored at the party, had no one else to talk to, and settled with you. She has most likely already forgotten about you as well. Don't get me wrong, she probably did enjoy the chitchat but at the end of the day, that's all it was. Chitchat.

+1. Armando is ravaging her right now.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
It's only pathetic because there is no apparent reason from what you just typed why you wouldn't just ask her out. I mean cmon it can't be THAT hard to find someone who knows her. Or facebook, whatever.
we're fb friends and have a few mutual friends but I'm really sure if she was as interested in our conversation as I was. I'm ******* terrible with girls.
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
thanks, that's actually what I wanted to hear (0).

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, joke's on her I guess. I'm sure you've masturbated to her heaps by now?

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
I'm ******* terrible with girls. thanks, that's actually what I wanted to hear (0).
You sound like a ********* ***** who's afraid of getting rejecting and makes excuses to avoid it. Nut the **** up and go for it. It's cool to be nervous or have problems when it comes to women- god and everyone who's read any of my posts knows that I've got my share of them. Hell, I was (and so were many others here) in your exact same position back in the day. I chose to improve my situation rather than wallow in self pity, apathy, and cowardice. Life is scary bruh, and it will kick your ass sometimes, but this is the wrong time and situation to ***** out, and you'll come out of this a better man no matter what the results are. Edit: assuming that you go for it.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
You sound like a ********* ***** who's afraid of getting rejecting and makes excuses to avoid it. Nut the **** up and go for it. It's cool to be nervous or have problems when it comes to women- god and everyone who's read any of my posts knows that I've got my share of them. Hell, I was (and so were many others here) in your exact same position back in the day. I chose to improve my situation rather than wallow in self pity, apathy, and cowardice. Life is scary bruh, and it will kick your ass sometimes, but this is the wrong time and situation to ***** out, and you'll come out of this a better man no matter what the results are.

Edit: assuming that you go for it.

+1

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I love how people use threads like this to dole out occasionally good advice but interspersed with hilariously transparent inferiority complexes disguised as patronizing machismo and self-praise. I'm not sure who should generally be more embarrassed: the advice-seekers or the advice-givers.

bdbb

Reaction score
I love how people use threads like this to dole out occasionally good advice but interspersed with hilariously transparent inferiority complexes disguised as patronizing machismo and self-praise. I'm not sure who should generally be more embarrassed: the advice-seekers or the advice-givers.

Probably the aspie in the corner complaining about everyone entertaining themselves.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
thanks.
Looking at the post, I should clarify. It's way harsher than it needed to be. Every time I see another guy in a situation like this it reminds me of how it felt being in that place. I'm probably projecting my problems on you, which isn't cool. When I made a comment similar to yours, I was in a pretty awful place. I had very little confidence in myself and couldn't see why someone would possibly be interested in me. I missed so many opportunities, and spent so much time kicking ****** because I wouldn't change the behaviour. I got advice similar to the above and it was a step in the right direction. I made a lot of mistakes while figuring things out, and I'm still making mistakes, but I wouldn't wish the feeling of being undesirable on anybody, and it looks like you're in the same hole. The only way to get out of it is to actually try.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdbb
Probably the aspie in the corner complaining about everyone entertaining themselves.
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

All I'm saying is the advice doesn't need to be adorned with all that other crap. It wasn't to hgalek in particular. Imagine yourself saying what you're posting to a buddy irl. Does it make you sound like a bit of a dbag? If so...

Anyway he was still right, dude just needs to shoot her a fb message, there is literally no downside.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, I was about to call him out for that but its not even worth it. ******* people need to create this fake image to feel better about themselves. I feel comfortable being a **** up loser cuz I chose to, that's all there is to it.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gather as much intel as you can from her Facebook. If she has a blog or Twitter account, even better. Some people use their looks. Some use their charm. It seems your best bet is to use your creepiness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads