• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girl Issues, Need Advice vol. infinity

Buttercup

Reaction score
Are you all guys on this forum? and is it a guys forum only? as I'm going to look pretty stupid joining if it is!
However, being the most female of females you could get, i agree with the last posting of runner-guy. Speaking as a public school girl[now maturer in years] educated in University in UK, by the way and still there- my dear chap, you need to move on pretty fast from ever thinking this girl will recipricate the gesture - well, maybe on the buying you drinks back agreement. But why waste your time, if there's other females out there who you could spend some social time with too?

As a female who's done all the education thing, my advice is just have lots of fun going out with a bunch of friends while you're studying, enjoy everyone's company. Forget ever having something more serious with that girl. If someone else gets more than interested, go along with it, relax and don't even look for anything more right now - just study and enjoy all the social activity around you.

Anyway, speaking as a female who's been there,seen it,done it, got the t-shirt etc,etc trust me, you'll know when a girl's genuinely interested, no hard work and silly game-playing and making feeble excuses,getting trollied and passing out isn't good etiquette if a girl's interested - it's a cover-up.

Sorry, you sound a really sweet young chap.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Wow. Nice first post.
Welcome, Buttercup.

Stay around. You probably won't like much of what you read here, but your insight will help a lot of the young bucks who are posturing and trying out their alpha chops here.

btw, there are a few other females around, so you're not completely alone here.

airblaster503

Reaction score
My how this thread has grown. So here is my deal right now. My friends girl has been trying to set me up with her friend and we haven't been able to meet up. So from my friends advice I texted said girl and now we have been going back and forth for a few days. Now I am kind of hesitant to hang out with the girl alone considering I have never met her/seen her. Should I just say screw it and ask her out for coffee or wait to hang out with my friend and his girl since they are trying to set us up and it would be a little more comfortable for each of us. Yeah yeah sounds like a high school question but my record of hanging out with women lately has sucked and my confidence is dwindling.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
You live in the PNW? Good luck. (0)

rburgundy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airblaster503
My how this thread has grown. So here is my deal right now. My friends girl has been trying to set me up with her friend and we haven't been able to meet up. So from my friends advice I texted said girl and now we have been going back and forth for a few days. Now I am kind of hesitant to hang out with the girl alone considering I have never met her/seen her. Should I just say screw it and ask her out for coffee or wait to hang out with my friend and his girl since they are trying to set us up and it would be a little more comfortable for each of us. Yeah yeah sounds like a high school question but my record of hanging out with women lately has sucked and my confidence is dwindling.

Here's the way I look at it:

You've never met this girl, so what do you have to lose?

Even if it goes badly you end up with a possible friend (who can introduce you to her friends), or you can cut communication.

I know this is a canned response that you might hear a lot, but in your situation it seems like you really have nothing to lose, and it could be a confidence booster.

pstoller

Reaction score
My friend's girl has been trying to set me up with her friend and we haven't been able to meet up. So from my friend's advice I texted said girl and now we have been going back and forth for a few days. Now I am kind of hesitant to hang out with the girl alone considering I have never met her/seen her. Should I just say screw it and ask her out for coffee or wait to hang out with my friend and his girl since they are trying to set us up and it would be a little more comfortable for each of us. Yeah yeah sounds like a high school question but my record of hanging out with women lately has sucked and my confidence is dwindling.

Ask your friend's girlfriend what this gal is like and why she thought you two would get along. (Ask her in person; you don't need the character limits of texting to limit the value and quantity of information.) Nothing wrong with a double-date, of course, but do you really need training wheels for coffee?

VelvetGreen

Reaction score

1. Look her up on FaceBook.

2. If she's cute, text her and meet up. If not, don't meet her one on one. Life is too short, and hanging out with random women is not fun.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is no real answer. It will depend on the situation. Stop thinking about yourself and try to gauge what type of girl she is. If she is squemish.. hanging out with her in a group setting is better... If she is independant... than man up and ask her out.

DeCabota

Reaction score
New Girl issue. This girl I used to work with has recently moved out of state. I friended her on FB just to keep somewhat in touch. When we worked together I didn't care for her in anyway. I had found her boring and immature. We since then begun to chat, most of which centers on sechs. Suffice to say this has perked up my interest in her and now I am trying to get her to consent to sending me vids of her servicing herself or at the very least naked pics. So far I have failed and the most I've been able to get are sexts. How do I get her to send me pics or video? Any suggestions?

wootx

Reaction score
lol keep trying and post relies please

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DeCabota
New Girl issue. This girl I used to work with has recently moved out of state. I friended her on FB just to keep somewhat in touch. When we worked together I didn't care for her in anyway. I had found her boring and immature. We since then begun to chat, most of which centers on sechs. Suffice to say this has perked up my interest in her and now I am trying to get her to consent to sending me vids of her servicing herself or at the very least naked pics. So far I have failed and the most I've been able to get are sexts. How do I get her to send me pics or video? Any suggestions?

plain.gif

VelvetGreen

Reaction score

plain.gif

wootx

Reaction score

plain.gif

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads