• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great shoe, you should go for it.

I'll probably place my Hove order before the end of the month. The more i look at the Hove design, the more i am enamored by it. Even compared to the model it is mimicking (the EG Dover), it's lines are move compelling to my eyes. The 4 eyelet design and longer apron are just so elegant. It might be a contradiction to have it in hatch grain leather, but i think it tethers nicely on the line of dress and casual shoe. Will work nicely for me...

from the looks of your mockup I can't see why it would be a contradiction. it's adding some character to the mix
include some darker brown or black burnishing at the toe and it will be killer

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe the universe is saying I should go ahead with my mod's to this Russian leather replica

I've been obsessing over this one for a while now & hatch is hatch
Beautiful model, beautiful workmanship, beautiful shape and perfect sewing ... I've been able to take this shoe Bestetti in my hand and I have to say that it is really very special!

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah...those Bestetti's norwegian split toes are gorgeous...

Having seen the price increases with G&G and having owned StC...I think I may go a new route and do Bestetti's Novecento semi-bespoke...probably looking at a balmoral and a chukka for my first orders. Just dont know what lasts/leather first.

If I did a Bestetti bespoke...that split toe would be a serious consideration. Very different from any other that I've seen...

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah...those Bestetti's norwegian split toes are gorgeous...

Having seen the price increases with G&G and having owned StC...I think I may go a new route and do Bestetti's Novecento semi-bespoke...probably looking at a balmoral and a chukka for my first orders. Just dont know what lasts/leather first.

If I did a Bestetti bespoke...that split toe would be a serious consideration. Very different from any other that I've seen...

The split toe is made on his almond toe last. And if you go Novecento, you can order the exact same shoe... The alligator facings will make them cost more than standard though, but you can always choose regular calf there.

I'm really glad I placed my MTO-order (Hove, Dg70, vintage oak, single Dainite through Sko-AB) before the price increase. I understand that they want to get a better flow in the factory and get rid of too much MTO:s, but it's a shame for people like me who need F-width. Like mentioned before, I hope that they will be keeping more models in F-widths as stock models. Love G&G, and there are still many models from them that I would like, but not to any cost.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can hope for more RTW F width shoes, but I can't imagine them making RTW in G width. I honestly do not know if I will be able to justify another GG MTO after this one, so it might be my last...

(iGent problems)

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The split toe is made on his almond toe last. And if you go Novecento, you can order the exact same shoe... The alligator facings will make them cost more than standard though, but you can always choose regular calf there.

I'm really glad I placed my MTO-order (Hove, Dg70, vintage oak, single Dainite through Sko-AB) before the price increase. I understand that they want to get a better flow in the factory and get rid of too much MTO:s, but it's a shame for people like me who need F-width. Like mentioned before, I hope that they will be keeping more models in F-widths as stock models. Love G&G, and there are still many models from them that I would like, but not to any cost.

Thanks for the info j
cheers.gif
I am definitely going forward with some Bestetti Novecento projects...just making decisions. Have just posted in the "Bestetti bespoke project" thread with some shoes and questions.

As far as G&G MTO's go...I will probably still do G&G MTO's going forward...but to a lesser degree than I had originally planned. I posted previously a list of 15 pairs of G&G's I wanted to aquire...but that list will certainly be cut back some. I think at the top of my list are a double monk, another pair of wigmore's with some custom detailing, the gable in british racing green, and maybe a cooper wholecut. and maybe a full brogue like a rothschild or gatsby.

I'd really like it if they expanded their RTW to more colors then I wouldn't have to explore these shoes as MTO's.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd really like it if they expanded their RTW to more colors then I wouldn't have to explore these shoes as MTO's.

I would also (like others) like for them to expand their RTW to at least an F width.

Aside from my Hove and Oakham ideas, all the other GGs on my list are staple models, in staple colors...

rc121

Reaction score

You can hope for more RTW F width shoes, but I can't imagine them making RTW in G width. I honestly do not know if I will be able to justify another GG MTO after this one, so it might be my last...

(iGent problems)
I will sign your petition for G widths in RTW

dlind

Reaction score
Just one thought but might this change in policy have something to do with them being in the process of opening their own flagship store in London? It might be that they will expand their RTW offerings and need to free up capacity to keep up with production for this and other retailers. I remember reading somewhere that they wanted to stock a considerable number (can't remember exactly how many) of models in the store.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look mighty fine to me :nodding:

How difficult was it to burnish your pair?

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful model, beautiful workmanship, beautiful shape and perfect sewing ... I've been able to take this shoe Bestetti in my hand and I have to say that it is really very special!

the guy seems really easy to work with

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads