• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

http://www.davidsonsskomakeri.com/gaziano-girling/

Swedish store Davidsons Skomakeri also has F width...

Aye, and there's Swedish haberdasher, Hans Allde who carries a lot of F-width G&G. But Davidson refuses to sell G&G online and Allde does not have a web store and have no interest in selling online or through mail orders.

Totally respect their positions but they are missing out on a lot of business. :embar:

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easier how? Is bespoke and StC more accessible to you?

I do agree, GG MTO is becoming overpriced, especially after they implement the new prices and policies...

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same widths? That will be a problem for me, i need a G width...
confused.gif

maybe the universe is saying I should go ahead with my mod's to this Russian leather replica

I've been obsessing over this one for a while now & hatch is hatch

Last edited:

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Except I was fitted by Dean in a UK9 E width in a couple different G&G lasts and they were all too narrow and tight around the instep. Not by a lot, but enough that they simply did not fit in that size. Sizing up by a half to UK9.5 solved both issues, but at the cost of un-needed length. A decent fit, but not the ideal. Dean did not recommend that route. So it's F width for me in G&G, and E width for me in EG, both in a UK 9. Now, I haven't yet had the opportunity to actually try an F width G&G because pretty much no retailers stock that width, whereas many stock EG in an E width. And if ordering a pair in that width is going to attract any kind of a premium over standard retail RTW, then there probably aren't many G&G shoes in my future. I LOVE the look of their shoes, but fit is my first and foremost purchase criterion.
Edward of Manchester stocks some in F width (Hanly, Sinatra, St. James I, Grant). You can find their selection here. Just contact them first to ensure they have your size before placing your order though.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easier how? Is bespoke and StC more accessible to you?

I do agree, GG MTO is becoming overpriced, especially after they implement the new prices and policies...

G&G bespoke is accessible as they travel to my city. StC used to be not too accessible but I managed to visit the trunk show once; now they travel to my city as well.

Everything appeared to be overpriced nowadays compare to several years ago...

maybe the universe is saying I should go ahead with my mod's to this Russian leather replica

I've been obsessing over this one for a while now & hatch is hatch

Still waiting for my order that has similar make-ups. Full norwegian hatch grain split toe...

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

G&G bespoke is accessible as they travel to my city.  StC used to be not too accessible but I managed to visit the trunk show once; now they travel to my city as well.

There are basically no real options where i live. The only reason i know my GG size is because of Nick's help. I would have to plan a trip to NY to become familiar with other brands, and find my size in them. I might do so later this year, and maybe dip by toes in bespoke suitings while i'm at it...

Chowkin

Reaction score

That's because we have come out from one of the worst recessions since the Great Depression in the 20's / 30's
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SoGent
Are you looking at a bespoke order instead?
oddly enough I was in the process of pulling together pricing on a G&G I've had my eye on for months
then along comes this jubie fella with the hatch mockup so I'm ready to bite the bullet for two to beat the messed up price increase.
when the hove fell through I felt it was a god send 'cause I would have eventually gone for that Bestetti anyway.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G&G bespoke is accessible as they travel to my city. StC used to be not too accessible but I managed to visit the trunk show once; now they travel to my city as well.

Still waiting for my order that has similar make-ups. Full norwegian hatch grain split toe...

it's a freakin awesome looking shoe. you're getting same color ?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oddly enough I was in the process of pulling together pricing on a G&G I've had my eye on for months
   then along comes this jubie fella with the hatch mockup so I'm ready to bite the bullet for two to beat the messed up price increase.
   when the hove fell through I felt it was a god send 'cause I would have eventually gone for that Bestetti anyway.

Looks like a great shoe, you should go for it.

I'll probably place my Hove order before the end of the month. The more i look at the Hove design, the more i am enamored by it. Even compared to the model it is mimicking (the EG Dover), it's lines are move compelling to my eyes. The 4 eyelet design and longer apron are just so elegant. It might be a contradiction to have it in hatch grain leather, but i think it tethers nicely on the line of dress and casual shoe. Will work nicely for me...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads