• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score
On their way from Nick

Windsor Deco last in Racing Green calf

Deco Uppingham/ Wilshire combination in Vintage Cedar

Mayfair in Espresso calf

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saratorial_Splender, those are some very creative and lovely combinations. very well done.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed, love that Uppingham style captoe.

Have been thinking of a Oakham MTO, and can't decide between the Uppingham style captoe or a simple medallion. I'll post some concept pics later...

niklasnordin

Reaction score
Just a reminder for the MTO that I will be placing in 2 weeks that I hope I can get 6 people to join...

I'm going to do an MTO for a pair of G&G through skoaktiebolaget.

Since Im not in a great hurry I thought I would check here first so see if someone else might be
interested in joining me.
However, since I dont want to wait forever either I will put a final date for the whole thing,
which will be friday november 22nd.

if we dont get 6 people by that time and you dont want to proceed with purchasing the shoes with the added MTO cost,
that is fine I will go ahead and order them anyway :)
So if you are interested in joining in, please contact me.

the specs will be these, but if someone has a better idea, im still open for suggestions.

Gaziano & Girling Arran
Not sure if its Oak hatch grain or if its brown hatch grain, cause I think its a tad lighter than oak
anyway, its the shoes below and I saw that Nick from from bespoke england had used it.
Last: MH71
Width: E
Sole: Wensum (or Dainite if a majority prefer this)
Details: Black stitching/lining/lacing with only 2 eyelets instead of the normal 3.
price: Gabriel/Patrik help please.
Price for this mode as a Group MTO is 7900 SEK (6320 ex VAT)
Price for this model as a MTO is 9300 SEK (7440 ex VAT)

So the shoe/last will look like this.

But the coloring will/should be very similar to this

http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/515395/a/337981/gaziano-girling-appreciation-shoo-Appreciation-theard/

Still not 100% sure that these all of these details are possible, but G&G are usually pretty flexible,
so I hope there wont be any problems.
I also dont know the price for these, but Gabriel or Patrik might help me here :)

I imagine it will look something like this
http://www.styleforum.net/t/338047/...official-affiliate-thread/660_10#post_6633563
but with black details

To get an idea for what the difference will be between black and brown stitching/lacing
2 very similar dark oak EG dovers are shown below.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ is the promotional pricing the price listed? Or do we put in a code?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What he's saying is that $9xx is not the normal price - they lowered the price from the start of the offering as an introductory thing, but it's about to run out

It's a good reduction against what other NA retailers are charging

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads