• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge: MC does SW&D - YOUR WINNER ANNOUNCED

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol

Originally Posted by XeF4
Don't worry, jet himself responds to everything anyways.

did i **** your sister?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Really, the fact of the matter is that SW&D's aesthetic is antithetical to MC.

According to their thread, most of us look awful in our SW&D looks. But the fact of the matter is in 10/20/30 years, MC WAYWRN pics (excluding today's challenge) will mostly still look good.

Doesn't anyone remember the 70s or 80s? Or even the 90s?
confused.gif

I know the SW&D guys love stacking - but I think it looks ******* awful.

[oldman]Buy your damn pants in the right length, hippie/hipster.[/oldman]

nothing is timeless, dude. you guys look like you're trapped in the past for the most part, and will continue to look so in 10/20/30 years

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
I think luftvier wins the gold medal for most insecure SFer, as well as a special booby prize for repeating the moronic dogma that the 'elements of style' are timeless when all you can do when looking at him is wonder why he's dressed up as an extra from Boardwalk Empire.

haha winner.

I don't really get this "timeless" thing at all. I know SW&D picks on it, but I still hear it everywhere.

Button stance, lapel width, gorge, and pant break are all SO noticeable on suits, and they're heavily affected by trends. It's incredibly easy to tell when things look dated on Ebay, e.g.

Not only that, but why would anyone care about having a "timeless" look when they're young?? There are MCers in their 20s...do you really think you're going to look back on your outfits in 30 years and a) find that what you wear now perfectly matches what you're going to wear in 2040, and b) care about it?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
nothing is timeless, dude. you guys look like you're trapped in the past for the most part, and will continue to look so in 10/20/30 years
This is a pretty ridiculous generalization that is on par with some of the stupidity in MC towards the SW&D WAYWT. There are a decent proportion of posters on that side who know how to put together a fit. It is possible my trolling radar is on the fritz.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i cant decide whether its a good or bad thing to have clothes right now that i'd want to wear in 30 years

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
This is a pretty ridiculous generalization that is on par with some of the stupidity in MC towards the SW&D WAYWT. There are a decent proportion of posters on that side who know how to put together a fit. It is possible my trolling radar is on the fritz.

"for the most part"

there are some good posters in MC, no doubt

KPO89

Reaction score
^something tells me he is gonna fire back with "thats hideous" or some other remark because they view things differently!

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Also like to give honorable mention to TTO, the guy looks great in his prior fits and really would fit in on both sides of the board. I guess having under 100 posts is costing him.

It looks like it might be an awesome outfit, but the photo is horrible and the way he did his zipper was unflattering. Agreed that his previous fits were nice.

5190407706_ffc5cce3a7.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
Lol at in mc comment, you all look like stuffy old asses who get rejected on club lines.

We generally go to the kind of clubs where we pay in advance for membership. I can't tell you the last time I waited in line to be chosen to go into a club. Probably when I lived on South Beach in 1992.

Originally Posted by NorCal
Also like to give honorable mention to TTO, the guy looks great in his prior fits and really would fit in on both sides of the board. I guess having under 100 posts is costing him.

He has done quite well before. He almost won last week. Your post count doesn't really matter. What matters are your re-quotes. When you get action, you get others going along.

Originally Posted by holymadness
I think luftvier wins the gold medal for most insecure SFer, as well as a special booby prize for repeating the moronic dogma that the 'elements of style' are timeless when all you can do when looking at him is wonder why he's dressed up as an extra from Boardwalk Empire.

Wrong era, bud. If anything, Lufty may look like he is on an Ivy campus in the past...but it is not the 1920's.

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
02168M033002_1_1.jpg

good pant stack

Add 2 inch cuffs and take away the break, and you are there.
lol8[1].gif

To us, this looks like ill-fitting slop that ruins the lines of the fit. Plus, black pants are for waiters.
smile.gif

Mike

G0079

Reaction score
Without a break, those would look like pants from Star Trek: TNG.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
^something tells me he is gonna fire back with "thats hideous" or some other remark because they view things differently!

Originally Posted by MBreinin
We generally go to the kind of clubs where we pay in advance for membership. I can't tell you the last time I waited in line to be chosen to go into a club. Probably when I lived on South Beach in 1992.

lol8[1].gif

To us, this looks like ill-fitting slop that ruins the lines of the fit. Plus, black pants are for waiters.
smile.gif

Mike

lol on all counts

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by G0079
Without a break, those would look like pants from Star Trek: TNG.

Don't they already?
lol8[1].gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i just generalized because there are a lot of ugly dudes in mc. also in sw&d. also in the world.

Originally Posted by MBreinin

He has done quite well before. He almost won last week. Your post count doesn't really matter. What matters are your re-quotes. When you get action, you get others going along.

Wrong era, bud. If anything, Lufty may look like he is on an Ivy campus in the past...but it is not the 1920's.

lol8[1].gif

smile.gif

Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads