• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 08/09/13; The unusually colored shirt

The unusually colored shirt: Who pulled it off better?

• Sugarbutch

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • An Acute Style

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • EliodA

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • RDiaz

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • CousinDonuts

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Claghorn

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • Holdfast

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • bourbonbasted

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • GMMcL

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • JPHardy

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • in stitches

Votes: 24 20.2%
  • Thin White Duke

• Mr. Claymore

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • coldsalmon

• Tirailleur1

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • PTWilliams

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • clapeyron

Votes: 28 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahahahahahaha Butler, that is epic. Love, love, love it.

/thread (again... dammit Butler)

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score
I seem to have picked a popular color. Oh well, I haven't worn this shirt in at least a decade... Wearing something once every ten years is enough reason to keep it, right???

Put on your sunglasses boys (and girls?)

coldsalmon

Reaction score

The shirt is Brooks Brothers, the tie is from The Tie Bar, and the suit is my brand new Napoli from Suitsupply that I just picked up today. Now I'm going to go wear it out to have some scotch.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I didn't want to do it... but I guess I will post my fit from 2 days ago. I felt like the shirt I wore today had a little too much blue to be considered for this contest.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I picked up about 10 RLPL polos as a lot and this one was included. I never knew what to pair it with, until I got this Brioni jacket, and can't imagine wearing it with another shirt because it seemed perfect IMO. The close-up represents the colors pretty well. My humble contribution (please use the second picture if only one for voting).

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It would appear that most of us are generally guided by earth, sea, and sky in our shirting choices...

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Just for fun (not my entry, unless more than one entry per person is allowed, the rules don't say)

Last edited:

coldsalmon

Reaction score
I picked up about 10 RLPL polos as a lot and this one was included. I never knew what to pair it with, until I got this Brioni jacket, and can't imagine wearing it with another shirt because it seemed perfect IMO. The close-up represents the colors pretty well. My humble contribution (please use the second picture if only one for voting).

Probably the least aggressive entry, in a good way. Well done.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is what the English calls good fun!

V
ery proper bespoke Steven Hitchcock velvet/grosgrain Dinner coat/bow, Budd collar, Turnbull & Asser PS - and "fun" Budd evening shirt made up of odd ends and pieces with proper Marcella front/cuffs!

A good thing you are not supposed to take off the coat - only your wife and/or mistress will ever know :hide: :bigstar:

5308.jpg

jkcv.jpg

j98u.jpg

px8c.jpg

tt0n.jpg

Shirt is not my taste, but that jacket is quite possibly the most awesome thing I've ever laid eyes on.

Butler

Reaction score
This is what the English calls good fun!

V
ery proper bespoke Steven Hitchcock velvet/grosgrain Dinner coat/bow, Budd collar, Turnbull & Asser PS - and "fun" Budd evening shirt made up of odd ends and pieces with proper Marcella front/cuffs!

A good thing you are not supposed to take off the coat - only your wife and/or mistress will ever know :hide: :bigstar:

]

Shirt is not my taste, but that jacket is quite possibly the most awesome thing I've ever laid eyes on.
It is not to anybody's taste - it is a joke - But an inside joke if you catch my drift :lol: :bigstar:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My eyes say "day old vomit" but my gut says "Black Fleece"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads