• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

#ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The Family Of A Fallen Brother

green_machine

Reaction score
Updated:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-3...875078?hash=item4d46986846:g:u08AAOSwhOVXcw9z

Last edited:

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple items for Brian's auction. I was reading through ChetB's tribute post again that Spoo linked above. In particular, the early days of thrifting for him(which I totally relate to because I'm there) and how excited he was for "pops!" on certain brands and it made me smile because I totally know that feeling, as you all do. The LP shirt was a pop for me and I remember how excited I was seeing it on the rack. I figured it was only fitting that it be one of the items I offer up for auction for the benefit. I did not know Brian in life but we all share a similar experience in this hobby/way of life and that is something special.

jerms24k

Reaction score

Holy cow, that RLPL coat is gorgeous! Its a 42 S?
Yes, please - I would love if someone did to let me know.

@Claghorn any help?

I can get the Korean taken care of, just let me know what you need. I'm still planning on getting something put up for this, so whenever I figure that out, I'll post something. Obviously that's gotta be ASAP, but I've just been super busy with studying. As a fellow Korean-American, I totally understand the types of familial and societal pressures he experienced, and I'm on the super lucky end with a very supportive and open-minded family. Also, since my mom is a Korean-speaking psychiatrist, his is a story that I've heard way too many times, and one that should never have to end the way it did. I hope we can not only raise some money to help out his family, but also raise a bit of awareness and help to lower the level of stigma regarding mental illness in our communities. Lastly, you don't need a full-blown mental illness to benefit from formal counseling or therapy; I'd say treat it like a massage or a tuneup for your car, if you're ever feeling overly stressed or anxious or unmotivated or anything, talk to an expert who can help you figure out things and let you know if you should do anything else about it. There's too much of a dichotomy in our society regarding mental health treatment: just because you receive treatment of any kind, even pharmaceutically, it doesn't necessarily indicate a chronic diagnosis, just like using an inhaler for acute bronchitis doesn't mean you have chronic lung disease. Sorry for the little rant, but again, I've just heard this story too many times, and it never gets less sad.

Also, if you're interested in talking a bit more about how to spot warning signs in people around you or what to say or how to respond to people that you think might be having some trouble, feel free to PM me at any time.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?Q
Lastly, you don't need a full-blown mental illness to benefit from formal counseling or therapy; I'd say treat it like a massage or a tuneup for your car, if you're ever feeling overly stressed or anxious or unmotivated or anything, talk to an expert who can help you figure out things and let you know if you should do anything else about it.

There's too much of a dichotomy in our society regarding mental health treatment: just because you receive treatment of any kind, even pharmaceutically, it doesn't necessarily indicate a chronic diagnosis, just like using an inhaler for acute bronchitis doesn't mean you have chronic lung disease.

Quoting for truth - this is very well said.

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
.Username: Bigtrginsd

NWT Turnbull & Asser Pocket Square (Winner chooses favorite)

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can get the Korean taken care of, just let me know what you need. I'm still planning on getting something put up for this, so whenever I figure that out, I'll post something. Obviously that's gotta be ASAP, but I've just been super busy with studying. As a fellow Korean-American, I totally understand the types of familial and societal pressures he experienced, and I'm on the super lucky end with a very supportive and open-minded family. Also, since my mom is a Korean-speaking psychiatrist, his is a story that I've heard way too many times, and one that should never have to end the way it did. I hope we can not only raise some money to help out his family, but also raise a bit of awareness and help to lower the level of stigma regarding mental illness in our communities. Lastly, you don't need a full-blown mental illness to benefit from formal counseling or therapy; I'd say treat it like a massage or a tuneup for your car, if you're ever feeling overly stressed or anxious or unmotivated or anything, talk to an expert who can help you figure out things and let you know if you should do anything else about it. There's too much of a dichotomy in our society regarding mental health treatment: just because you receive treatment of any kind, even pharmaceutically, it doesn't necessarily indicate a chronic diagnosis, just like using an inhaler for acute bronchitis doesn't mean you have chronic lung disease. Sorry for the little rant, but again, I've just heard this story too many times, and it never gets less sad.

Also, if you're interested in talking a bit more about how to spot warning signs in people around you or what to say or how to respond to people that you think might be having some trouble, feel free to PM me at any time.

RESPECT!
fing02[1].gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Alright guys, coming down to the nitty gritty here. 24 hours to go until launch - One more push for anyone who wants to contribute on the sell side!

I leave the last push with a quote from Brian himself….

I love everyone here….. It's an amazing group and I've never found a community in real life or online that has been as supporting as everyone here.

Cant wait to see these auctions go off tomorrow!

TexJake

Reaction score

Here's a start, working in a few more if I can make the time to list tonight!

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
From a bunch of consignors, will break it down when they go live

Photo

Title

FERRARI Red Solid Prancing Horse Logo 100% Silk Mens Luxury Tie 3.75" #ForBrian

ROBERT TALBOTT BEST CLASS Purple Green Paisley Peacock Mens Tie 4.00" #ForBrian

ROBERT TALBOTT BEST OF CLASS Brown Check 100% Silk Mens Tie - 3.375" #ForBrian

POLO RALPH LAUREN Burgundy TEDDY BEAR GOLF Silk Mens Luxury Tie 4.00" #ForBrian

NEW - BOGLIOLI Red Orange Grenadine Knit Silk Mens Scarf - 37" x 35" #ForBrian

NEW - BOGLIOLI Green Woven Grenadine Knit Silk Mens Scarf - 37" x 35" #ForBrian

BRIONI Brown Stripe Cotton Mens Luxury Dress Shirt - 40 / 15.75 #ForBrian

ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA Purple Plaid Check Casual Luxury Dress Shirt 2XL XXL #ForBrian

SAMUELSOHN Dark Brown Twill Flat Front S110 Wool Pants Trousers - 34 #ForBrian

HUGO BOSS Gray Wool Mens Luxury Flat Front Pants Trousers - 36 / 38 #ForBrian

GUCCI Recent Solid Black CASHMERE WOOL Flat Front Pants Trousers - 36 #ForBrian

GOKEY Brown Leather Double Sole Lace Moccasin Casual Mens Shoes - 10 D #ForBrian

HUGO BOSS BALDESSARINI Gray 97% CASHMERE Sport Coat Blazer Jacket 42 R #ForBrian

HACKETT London Green Herringbone Check TWEED Sport Coat Jacket - 42 L #ForBrian

KITON Brown Plaid Check 100% CASHMERE Sport Coat Blazer Jacket 42 L #ForBrian

FREEMANS SPORTING CLUB Red SUMMER LINEN Sport Coat Blazer - M / 42 S #ForBrian

POLO RALPH LAUREN Tan Brown Corduroy ITALY Sport Coat Blazer Mens 40 R #ForBrian

HICKEY FREEMAN Camel Tan Wool Cashmere Car Over Coat Jacket Mens 40 R #ForBrian

H. FREEMAN & SON Beige Blue Shepherd Check Sport Coat Blazer 44 45 L #ForBrian

CORBIN Green Plaid Check 2 BTN SAC TRAD Sport Coat Blazer Jacket 44 L #ForBrian

BRIONI Recent Gray Stripe S170 Dual Vent Jacket Pants SUIT Mens - 42 L #ForBrian

POLO RALPH LAUREN Blue Stripe Center Vent USA Jacket Pants SUIT - 44 L #ForBrian

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads