• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fantasy Premier League 2011-12

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm proud to be in your vicinity, MoK.

I'm getting even more concerned by my performance ;)

I'm having a serious clear out during the break.
Snap MOK!

I seem to have the kiss of death on players - MPetrov was doing well at Bolton until I got him in, ditto Sturridge at Chelsea, and what happened to VdV yesterday?

Looks like they've reviewed RvPs first assist and removed it :(

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The removal of that well deserved RvP assist was most unfortunate. And my fantasy week was also in every other respect pretty rotten. I feel on the verge of a free fall - time for the wild one?

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I felt just fine after a few bottles of your local brew. My tactic to stick with Bishops Finger and not consider any fancy player trades, well, it paid off!! I'll have a few next weekend as well, maybe one or two in the midweek as extra insurance.

I recommend their 'Late Red' if you can get hold of it. The Halloween special 'Spook's Ale' wasn't bad, but better on draught than from the bottle.

a bit of a mixed weekend for me, but at least I didn't drop...

Nope, neither Late Red nor Spook's Ale were in stock close to my house. From Shepherd Neame I instead found 1698, a 300th anniversary commemoration that seems to have stuck as a regular item. Strong but good but very strong! I also found Whitstable Bay (organic ale??) which in the absence of proper football will be sampled come Saturday, maybe in front of Spain vs England.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope, neither Late Red nor Spook's Ale were in stock close to my house. From Shepherd Neame I instead found 1698, a 300th anniversary commemoration that seems to have stuck as a regular item. Strong but good but very strong! I also found Whitstable Bay (organic ale??) which in the absence of proper football will be sampled come Saturday, maybe in front of Spain vs England.

You don't want too many of the 1698's or you'll do daft things like picking Rodwell as a transfer only to find he's injured:facepalm:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You don't want too many of the 1698's or you'll do daft things like picking Rodwell as a transfer only to find he's injured:facepalm:

Or starting him only to find out the same :fu:

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tottenham looked very comfortable last night or was it Aston Villa heading the same way as McLeish's last team the other side of town.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had too many 1689's on an empty stomach. Result: failed to get any Man C or Spurs player into my team. Adebayor is particularly irritating at the moment. Need to rethink everything.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made my transfer for the week. I predict Man C and Spurs will both experience a noticeable dip in form and luck so I still have no players from those two teams. Should be wise.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know but I have some catching up to do so risks need to be taken.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My midfield was looking decidedly dodgy - Rodwell a big risk of not starting, VdV uncertain of his ham-strings, silva facing the threat of rotation for the CL, Young not certain of his place in the PL squad... Only super-sub Dyer looked certain to start and that's without looking at my strikers... so I took a hit (again!). I still like Everton and Spur's fixtures so bye bye Rodwell and VdV hello Drenthe and Bale...

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
Been looking for a new flat all week so completely forgot to sort my team out for the weekend. Still, it seems I left Adebayor as captain so it's working out reasonably well.

Top of the league with 4 players still to play.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been looking for a new flat all week so completely forgot to sort my team out for the weekend. Still, it seems I left Adebayor as captain so it's working out reasonably well.

Top of the league with 4 players still to play.

Hope you find a flat.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the flat hunting.

Last week I put in Rodwell and he failed to start. This week I swapped him for Drenthe who failed to start.

If I decide to transfer in another Everton player I'll giive you advanced warning...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads