1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Fall 2005 D&G/Prada

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnapril, Feb 24, 2005.

1. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

I've been browsing the fall 2005 lines by several designers and wanted to get the opinions of SF members on two. Thanks. Dolce and Gabbana: [​IMG] Prada: [​IMG]

2. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

While I don't care for almost anything Prada does, there luggage always looks cool.

A.

3. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Well-Known Member

The D&G suit is nice (beautiful shoulder slope).

The Prada one is pretty awful.

Dan

4. leroy

leroy Active Member

Seems like recently fashion trends are moving towards combination of both 70s and 80s styling within their designs. The Prada one shows quite a bit of that.

5. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Well-Known Member

More elegance in dolce & gabbana, of course. Notice the jackets going on the short side in Prada, in a collecion which is pretty hideous on a whole. Nothing terribly novative for these two contenders, just the same drainpipes and pointy shoes, which means some of my previous investments are still "in". [​IMG] Costume National F/W 05-06 is much much better than any of these two : [​IMG] .luc

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

7. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Well-Known Member

Nice pants, but that vest... Dan

8. spatten

spatten Well-Known Member

I almost like the D&G but I think the turtlenck throws it off. An collared shirt would make it seem less like a body suit.
    Also the suit, for some reason that I can't yet put a name to, seems turn of the century.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Nice to see D&G is still faithful to the 3-piece.

Agree with Luc, nothing really new here, but by themselves I think both the suits are quite nice and wearable (although I'm not so sure about the Prada so much as the D&G).

And I had the same reaction as Luc when first seeing the Costume National F/W '05 runway. It's rock solid. The whole line is really amazing.

10. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Well-Known Member

Yep, I don't know if I will be able to pull out that russian look next fall, but it looks terrific.

Shorter jackets is a trend, I've seen it in numerous runways (Prada, Jil Sander, Costume National ...). Guess it doesn't really matter for me, since I am 5'7 and most RTW jackets are always a tad too long for my taste.

.luc