• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chiron

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this Burberry check pattern is real?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if this Burberry check pattern is real?

It's not quite thee Burberry check, which looks like this..

...I see more than enough of it round here though.

Burberry certainly is a heavily counterfeited brand. Did the shirt come from Ebay?

Last edited:

chiron

Reaction score
The shirt was not purchased on Ebay but a local resale store.

There are several Burberry check patterns made . The one you posted is called Brit... others are Nova, Supernova , House. (ect...)

I have seen others without Black lines in the pattern, I just dont know the name of this pattern.

Last edited:

makaveli87

Reaction score
Are these Versace polos authentic?
Hi guys,

I need some help on determining whether these Versace polos are authentic or not.

Here is the eBay ad: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Versace-Shor...I&otn=1&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=748382106408886295

Here are some pictures I received of the item:

I asked for the pictures above so that I could compare them to the authentic Versace polo that I have and they all appear to be similar except for the one in the second picture, which on my polo has the care instructions written on it however this one only says 100% cotton which first made me question the authenticity.

Secondly when I googled the numbers on the price tag I only got results for Chinese websites which made me question these polos even more, and also the fact that this seller has such a large quantity of this particular polo.

Has anyone bought from vip_couture? His feedback is pretty good, however I did notice a couple negative feedbacks that questioned the authenticity of two Just Cavalli items, all the feedbacks relating to these polos have been positive though.

Thanks for your help.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Joker Man

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some help on determining whether these Versace polos are authentic or not.

Here is the eBay ad: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Versace-Shor...I&otn=1&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=748382106408886295

I asked for the pictures above so that I could compare them to the authentic Versace polo that I have and they all appear to be similar except for the one in the second picture, which on my polo has the care instructions written on it however this one only says 100% cotton which first made me question the authenticity.

Secondly when I googled the numbers on the price tag I only got results for Chinese websites which made me question these polos even more, and also the fact that this seller has such a large quantity of this particular polo.

Has anyone bought from vip_couture? His feedback is pretty good, however I did notice a couple negative feedbacks that questioned the authenticity of two Just Cavalli items, all the feedbacks relating to these polos have been positive though.

Thanks for your help.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help.
I would not waste $100 on a polo from ebay when there are somany legitimate stores where you can get a top polol for that price. And to ell you the truth judging from the shape of the shirt it looks like a female model. Look at the size chart. A large is only a 41 chest. Allowing the normal 4" for movement on knit shirts that large would fit a 37 chest, clearly a female size, not to mention the female shape of the shirt.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys,

That vendor seems to have a heck of a lot of Versace polo shirts in many different sizes and colours? Are these rejects or second-run production from the factory or something? Appear to have the correct spelling of "Versace", that's one good thing I suppose.

Last edited:

Stugotes

Reaction score
I bought from that seller before, too, and it was all authentic/non-fake.

Last edited:

Joker Man

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I bought from that seller before, too, and it was all authentic/non-fake.
Or so you believe
lol8[1].gif
These places that make copies(and some of them are excellent) also know how to make the labels perfectly and even the bar codes on the labels and packages.So really only an expert from the co. would be able to determine a copy from their own product. There's no reason to buy by brand name anyway. A polo with the Saks label in it is usually better anyway. And btw, Saks is the store on 5th ave.. The website, outlet stores and Saks satellite stores in out of the way locations are not the same.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Or so you believe
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
 These places that make copies(and some of them are excellent) also know how to make the labels perfectly and even the bar codes on the labels and packages.So really only an expert from the co. would be able to determine a copy from their own product. There's no reason to buy by brand name anyway. A polo with the Saks label in it is usually better anyway. And btw, Saks is the store on 5th ave.. The website, outlet stores and Saks satellite stores in out of the way locations are not the same.

LOLWUT

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys,

[ATTACHMENT=3363]Inside collar tag (114k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=3364]Inside tag (84k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=3365]External tag (89k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Secondly when I googled the numbers on the price tag I only got results for Chinese websites which made me question these polos even more, and also the fact that this seller has such a large quantity of this particular polo.

Has anyone bought from vip_couture? His feedback is pretty good, however I did notice a couple negative feedbacks that questioned the authenticity of two Just Cavalli items, all the feedbacks relating to these polos have been positive though.

Thanks for your help. 

Authentic merchandise, and quite a recent Versace Collection label as well. I know the seller vip_couture, they are pretty much legit. I would not worry about a couple of "sour grapes" neg feedbacks.

Not sure you kopped a good bargain though. I have seen these polo's knocking around many discount retailers like Saks Off Fifth (Mashalls as well had a couple of Polos) for $50 odd per shirt not including additional 30% discount in the Saks case. I reckon you could have scooped 3 Versace polos for little over 100bucks plus tax from a decent outlet.

Last edited:

Stugotes

Reaction score
Or so you believe
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

I can't comment on the Versace polos, as I bought a Dolce&Gabbana item back then. If there's one thing I can determine to be fake or not, it's DG, and the one I bought was legit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics