• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Gianni-Versace-Versace-silk-shirt-for-men-size-M-Versace-Istante-vint-/121938760796?hash=item1c641dd45c:g:5m0AAOSwYHxWOnTM

is this worth bidding on? I have never seen a silk versace in this style, seems too good to be true? any input is appreciated
I've always been a huge fan of these flamboyant versace silk shirts.

Huge fan here too. I've seen this same exact shirt style listed by multiple people. Mostly
Mexico and Thailand. Super sketchy

Reaction score
Huge fan here too. I've seen this same exact shirt style listed by multiple people. Mostly
Mexico and Thailand. Super sketchy
Upon doing my own research, it seems like these are the only photos of this style online!
Seems really really sketchy now!
Anyone else have any other input?

Philip Lindh

Reaction score

Real or fake? Bought them at a thriftshop for 1$ each :)

Versace Guy

Reaction score
Look real but old. You won't be able to sell them for much but still great ties to wear

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not an expert (and there are other far knowledgeable than I here), but I'd guess those are fake. Why anyone would go to the trouble of counterfeiting relatively cheap sunglasses, though, is beyond me.

"Wayfarer 2" is actually called New Wayfarer by Ray-Ban. And there's a lot more information on the inside of the left temple arm than on the glasses in your picture.

Reaction score
The eBay seller was kind enough to provide some more pictures of the versace silk shirts, anyone know if its real or fake?

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The eBay seller was kind enough to provide some more pictures of the versace silk shirts, anyone know if its real or fake?
Fake. Those aren't Versace or istante tags, Istante was never made in Mexico, it would not have and RN number that comes back to PAK international Inc,, the buttons would be Zeus and not generic looking, the tag is in Spanish and is not Italian. It's just a Mexican made silk shirt

Last edited:

Anonimac

Reaction score
Hello folks.

I was thrifting recently, and I have found an Emporio Armani Jacket.

The jacket was, if I remember well, made of polyester (I accidentally deleted the tag, silly me). Also, it was made in Morocco, instead of Italy. Here is a picture of the tag:

So basically, I have three questions:

1. Can you tell if it is genuine, or fake, when you look at this picture? If you need more, no problem, I can revisit the store, and take more specific pictures.
2. Does Emporio Armani make any polyester blend jackets (on EBay I have barely seen any)?
3. Does Emporio Armani make their products outside Italy, and, Morocco in particular?

I have Googled, and the only guide I found (the Ebay one) is missing pictures of real v. fake, so it was of very limited use to me.

Thank you folks in advance, and have good day!

Last edited:

Anonimac

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I have just returned, and took more pictures. I have also found one Armani Collezioni item, whose pictures I will also post.

Tag, front side:

Inner side of the tag:

Front pocket (it has a zipper, but I did not record it by accident):

Hip pocket:

Front - although it says lamb skin, it feels...a bit polyesterish (but it does not have a smell of polyester, nor skin). I own a velour skin and cow skin jackets, but I never owned a lamb skin before, so I do not know the feel.

On the right side (first button hole) you can see a tag collar.

Inner side (seems good enough, has inner buttons - or whatever you call it in English)

Outside, with buttons closed:

Cuff zipper:

To make it easier, I will rephrase my previous questions:

So basically, I have three questions:

1. Can you tell if it is genuine, or fake, when you look at this picture? If you need more, no problem, I can revisit the store, and take more specific pictures.
2. Is calf skin relatively thin, and a bit polyester like?
3. Does Emporio Armani make their products outside Italy, and, Morocco in particular?

In the next post, I will upload pics of Armani Collezioni. Thank you in advance for your help folks!

Anonimac

Reaction score
Ok, Armani Collezioni suit jacket - seems to be for females:

Label (seems not to be sewn in full. The letters are, if I remember well, printed on the label- not 100% sure though.)

Front:

Tag, front side:

Tag, inner side:

I am sorry for flooding the thread guys. I have never deal with Armani before.

If you need more specific images, let me know, and I will see what I can do.

Than you in advance.

P.S I do not own either of those...yet.
smile.gif

Last edited:

losmankc

Reaction score
Normally I wouldnt give this little thing a second thought but I my mom and I got in an argument over this pocket square/hanky? That I recently thrifted. I for one think its legit, she thinks its fake. It feels good as well. So I would like your guys opinions. She says she'll pay me fifty bucks if its real. I found one with a more gucci feel to it on etsy right here... https://www.etsy.com/listing/155485155/vintage-gucci-cotton-scarf-hanky-with?ref=market I also found an old ebay listing of a similar blue one, Heres a picture from the archived listing ... http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mp8LXF1L710QzC351dbzkMA.jpg. I'd appreciate anything, Im sure its probably hard to decipher but worth a shot, this is my first post here, sorry if its sloppy, which it probably is.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real. Hand rolled and that is the old logo. I have a few 70s/80s scarves and ties with a similar content tag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads