• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Epaulet ever run any promotions or anything? I am very interested in the Rivet Chino Service Pant, but if I can avoid spending $150 on a pair of pants, I'd certainly like to.

Epaulet's clothes are a bargain at full price. For the quality of fabrics and construction, and considering that nearly all of their items are made in the USA, these are some of the best prices and best pieces you'll see.
San Francisco

As Matt mentioned, we're all taking part in the San Francisco SF showcase this weekend. This evening we watched the O'Mast documentary (highly recommended), previewed a new episode of "Put this On," had one too many Coronas, ate a great dinner at "Credo" and met a whole bunch of members from Styleforum. It was an awesome night!
Just calling it out once again - if you're around the SF area, definitely come through to the W Hotel tomorrow and check out the vendors. There's a lot of great product here and a lot of friendly people in soft-shouldered sportcoats and very well-matched pocket squares. I'll take a bunch of photos and check in periodically tomorrow to let you guys know what's going down!
And I'll be a litlte backlogged on PM's for the next few days, so my apologies for the late responses. If you have something urgent, please holler at Matt! Otherwise, I'll work to get back to everyone when we return on Monday.

Looking great guys! Let's hope the 15th anniversary showcase is in NYC.

Last edited:

Samir

Reaction score
Staples x Epaulet Olive Rivet Chino in size 29 - if you missed out on the model, I'm selling this. Washed once but unworn. Amazingly soft fabric, but just a tad too slim for my tastes. Best for someone wearing 28/29 (I wear 29/30 - I'd be fine keeping it if there are no takers, it's a just a little slim). I'm willing to sell it for what I paid, $85. PM if you're interested, thought I'd give y'all a heads up before I posted on B&S!

EDIT: Sold!

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Met Mike & co this weekend at the SFx10. What a chill dude. It was a pleasure Mike's saddle shell double monks

Last edited:

nadav

Reaction score

Natural CXL LWBs delivered. Soo good IRL. And my "guess" on the Leydon (just that I've never tried it) was spot on. Such a better fit for me than the Barrie. Fit pics will ensue...

Let's see some pics of these! i think there was someone else who mentioned getting them.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NYR and myself have both posted up pics earlier in the thread. The color is great, it's like a sandy khaki, with maybe just a hint of olive? I dunno, it's such a good color and I love the fabric enough that I'm tempted to just put all my other rivets away and buy 2 more pair when they come back in stock in my size (if?) and wear them full-time.

Seconded - it's an awesome, versatile color.  I'm also tempted to get a second pair.  I just ordered a second pair.

thanks for the tips...just picked these up. And looks like I got the last 34, good thing I didn't hesitate any longer! I definitely see these getting a ton of wear as soon as I get them.

dgonsh

Reaction score
finally got my french blue and caramel ducks back from the tailors. question: is it possible the french blues are significantly less stiff than the caramels? the caramels feel a light raw denim, while the french blues feel much softer. not that theyre both not amazing. i was just taken aback by the pretty significant difference in stiffness.

is it possible i got the 7oz'ers by accident? i doubt that cause they seem about the same weight, it just seems like a pretty big difference in stiffness/firmness.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spent a good amount of time with Mike and Adele this weekend in SF as they patiently helped me determine the best size for me in the rivent chinos, Walt, Rudy, and jackets, haha. I walked away with a pair of grey and plum chinos. They had their latest shipment shipped directly to the SF event so there was plenty to choose from. Thanks again guys!

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

finally got my french blue and caramel ducks back from the tailors. question: is it possible the french blues are significantly less stiff than the caramels? the caramels feel a light raw denim, while the french blues feel much softer. not that theyre both not amazing. i was just taken aback by the pretty significant difference in stiffness. 

is it possible i got the 7oz'ers by accident? i doubt that cause they seem about the same weight, it just seems like a pretty big difference in stiffness/firmness.

Mike stated from the get go that the Caramel Duck Chinos were the most stiffest out of the bunch. It is comparable to raw denim, but will soften up with wears. I also have both pairs and I feel the same as you. I also bought them before the 7 OZ versions released so there were no chances of getting mixed up.

dgonsh

Reaction score
I thought I may have read that somewhere (the caramels being stiffer) but couldnt remember if it was in this thread or elsewhere. Either way, I guess I was looking for some confirmation which you pretty much just provided, so thanks :)

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a very enjoyable time meeting the gang at Epaulet. They are doing amazing things with shoes and pants. The twill is some of the best I've seen recently and at very attractive prices. I'm in NYC in two weeks and looking forward to stopping in at their store.

The blue suede shoe is my new :inlove:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys! Thanks to everyone who came out to the SF event here in San Francisco. We had a fantastic time, and it was great to meet all of you in person. I'll have pics of the event soon! Oh, and a special thanks to Kia from Self Edge and Tom from Leather Soul for persuading me into two extra-large whiskey shots right before dinner. It made me an extra-large personality at the table. :).
Looking sharp, I dig those French Blues!
finally got my french blue and caramel ducks back from the tailors. question: is it possible the french blues are significantly less stiff than the caramels? the caramels feel a light raw denim, while the french blues feel much softer. not that theyre both not amazing. i was just taken aback by the pretty significant difference in stiffness. is it possible i got the 7oz'ers by accident? i doubt that cause they seem about the same weight, it just seems like a pretty big difference in stiffness/firmness.
No, it's just a variance with the Duck Canvas colors. It's due to the dye wash. The Plum, French Blue, and Leaf made up significantly softer. The Carmel is pretty stiff, and the Desert is REALLY stiff when new. But after a few washes they'll all basically feel the same.
I spent a good amount of time with Mike and Adele this weekend in SF as they patiently helped me determine the best size for me in the rivent chinos, Walt, Rudy, and jackets, haha. I walked away with a pair of grey and plum chinos. They had their latest shipment shipped directly to the SF event so there was plenty to choose from. Thanks again guys!
Thanks for coming through, it was great meeting you! Glad that we were able to nail down your sizes.
I had a very enjoyable time meeting the gang at Epaulet. They are doing amazing things with shoes and pants. The twill is some of the best I've seen recently and at very attractive prices. I'm in NYC in two weeks and looking forward to stopping in at their store. The blue suede shoe is my new :inlove:
It was great meeting you too! Please drop me a line with your dates, we'd love to meet you at our store when you're in NYC.
Met Mike & co this weekend at the SFx10. What a chill dude. It was a pleasure Mike's saddle shell double monks
Great meeting you too, and enjoy those double monks of your own!
I have both, way different. Blaze is a much more bright "blood orange" while the papaya has a hint of purpleish lightness to the orange...no idea if that makes sense. Camo pants in the wild:
IMG_1526.jpg
IMG_1529.jpg
Pretty much what you posted earlier, white, black or navy is good with these but I really liked the natty chromex. Got loads of compliments about them by co-workers and students today...
Dude, the digi cams are killer on you!
Just received three pairs or rivet chinos and the Alden Chromexel long wings. Looks like I have a new favorite casual shoe. They're awesome and comfortable as hell. Threw on same navy laces. In a weird way I was hoping the chinos wouldn't fit because I dont' really need to be spending money on pants I don't really need. But they're awesome, and I be stupid not to keep them.
Natural CXL LWBs delivered. Soo good IRL. And my "guess" on the Leydon (just that I've never tried it) was spot on. Such a better fit for me than the Barrie. Fit pics will ensue...
Awesome, glad that you guys are pleased with your purchases!

Last edited:

PolePosition

Reaction score
Hey Mike - Just wondering if you guys are planning to make jeans again in the future (sorry if this was asked before)

Duppy

Reaction score
Just got my rivet chinos (navy canvas and I think Japanese khaki). The fit and look is spot on again and my thighs have some room to breathe compares to the size 32s I bought last year. :slayer:

Mike, I did have some questions about Japanese Khakis:

1. supposed to look more like the canvas weave?
  2. and are they lighter than the photos on your site, as don't seem as brownish?

They came with the following tag:

Anyways, I still love them and was rocking it on the first warm sunny weekend we had here in Toronto.

Thanks

Duppy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads