• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ascher07

Reaction score
Hi there, first time commenter but pretty consistent lurker.

First off I'd like to say that I wish I found Epaulet sooner; you stuff is seriously exactly in my style groove, at my price point, and nearly entirely made in the US/Europe. A trifecta of awesome.
The rapport between the owner and this internet community is like something you'd have no right to expect even in person at most boutiques. Just crazy, and makes parting with my money for you guys so much easier, since it's going to such a nice home.

But I digress. Question time:
About how long do you guys usually take for domestic delivery? I ordered my first pair of chinos from you guys, navy and clay (it's a start), and am super anxious to try them on for that first time, as at the rate you guys burn through product I'd hate to miss a restock waiting.

Also, I'm planning on purchasing myself a quitting work present of either the Carmina Double Monks you carry or the Sib Mashburn ones.How would you, or the other really knowledgeable folks in this thread, compare the two/what makes the Carminas stand out?

Thanks, and I hope that last question isn't rude. Though I seriously can't wait for those pants; I'm rushing to check the front door everytime I get home.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance of the LWB Natty CXL will be re-ordered after this batch is gone? I need a 6E and would need to special order them if you do. Thanks.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Leaf Ducks + EP Western Print belt + Alden Indy 403

Nice look. Those fit well. Looking forward to getting my first Rivets tomorrow in the earth shattering color of khaki. Thought I'd start out on the practical side, oh, and pretty much all the great colors are gone in my size with the exception of the 7 oz. cherry red canvas. Got that covered with a special order cherry red 10 oz canvas pair in a Walt cut coming sometime soon. So khaki it was. Very interested to see how they work for me.

CaliforniaSon

Reaction score
And for the shirts, I'm thinking that a Epaulet XL will be a good fit for you. It's slightly bigger than the GV Large and will give you both more room in the shoulders and a longer fit.

Just got the sunset madras in the mail, looks great and the XL fits exactly how i wanted it to. Much appreciated!

jhilla

Reaction score

First off I'd like to say that I wish I found Epaulet sooner; you stuff is seriously exactly in my style groove, at my price point, and nearly entirely made in the US/Europe. A trifecta of awesome.
The rapport between the owner and this internet community is like something you'd have no right to expect even in person at most boutiques. Just crazy, and makes parting with my money for you guys so much easier, since it's going to such a nice home.

About how long do you guys usually take for domestic delivery? I ordered my first pair of chinos from you guys, navy and clay (it's a start), and am super anxious to try them on for that first time, as at the rate you guys burn through product I'd hate to miss a restock waiting.

Also, I'm planning on purchasing myself a quitting work present of either the Carmina Double Monks you carry or the Sib Mashburn ones.How would you, or the other really knowledgeable folks in this thread, compare the two/what makes the Carminas stand out?

Thanks, and I hope that last question isn't rude. Though I seriously can't wait for those pants; I'm rushing to check the front door everytime I get home.

I was actually weighing this decision for some time, before Epaulet started carrying Carminas and you had to either order them directly or through the Armoury. I ended up going with the Carminas and have been really happy with them. Here is a little info.

Sid Mashburn's Doubles are made by Alfred Sargent, in Northampton. They are an excellent pair of shoes and are have a more conservative english round toe. From what I've seen, the leather ages quite well but starts as a relatively lighter chestnut brown. In Sid's models, as opposed to the Ramsey's from Alfred Sargent's exclusive line, the welts seem to extend past the natural line of the shoe, which, in my opinion make them a little less elegant. I can't necessarily comment on the construction since I don't own a pair, but Alfred Sargent makes a great shoe.

The Carmina's are going to be a bit sleeker. They are Spanish made, goodyear welted and have channeled soles so the bottom is lick-able. I have slightly narrower feet so the Simpson last Double Monks I own are particularly nice. They create a nice balance between elegance and practicality in my opinion. I can say the leather, stitching, and construction are really great. Ethan at the Armoury said they would be slightly higher than a pair of C&J's in his opinion. Also, they've held up very well over the past 9 months or so. Here is a review I did on them a while back. http://jhilla.tumblr.com/post/9890527297/welcome-to-the-big-leagues

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
French Blue (10oz) Rivets
IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

halberdklown

Reaction score
just an FYI, the Sinclair short wing Carminas that were posted up have the description outlining them as Fitzgeralds

Gingahbman

Reaction score
The Oxford and Digi Rivets are up. Happy Hunting! :lurk:

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

7114146157_7a74665226_z.jpg

7114149075_f975805c53_c.jpg
Epaulet Koi Fish shirt
Epaulet Caramel Duck Rivet Chinos

Very nice! Love seeing that shirt in action

how often do you guys machine wash your Rivet Chinos?

my black rivets pick up dirt really quick, usually after 1 day of wear... so im wondering if the color will fade if i wash them every 1-2 weeks

Machine washing and hang drying is what most guys do. You'll want to keep the black chinos away from the dryer at all costs - that's going to fade them out in a really unattractive way.

Eventually the color is going to fade, that will happen to any black cotton garment that's washed a lot. Cold wash/hang dry will prolong its deep black tone, and they'll fade more around the stress points, giving you a bit of a denim-ish worn in feel. You can use special soap (Woolite, I believe) that's specifically designed for cold washing dark colors as well. But if you want to keep them jet black, then dry cleaning will be the way to do it.

Mike (or anybody else) - I wear a S in your shirts but a 38 in the Desmond jacket was a perfect fit. Does that mean I'm likely to be a 38 in the Southwick stuff?

I'd say so - especially the Caine and Weller in lighter or suiting fabrics.

The relation of shirting to jacket size works for the majority of our guys, but not all. In reality, shirts have more tolerance than jackets - as jacket sizing depends more upon your shoulder width. I'm a true 42 chest, but I don't have particularly broad shoulders, so I need a 42 jacket but take a Large shirt. I'd say that the Desmond sizing speaks well to the Southiwck line, so yes, a 38 will probably be best.

So I just got my first 3 Epaulet shirts (2 being Ashland) and of course I don't think I am ever going back to the shirts I used to wear, the fit is just unreal on these things. **** saving money for new furniture.

Thank you, glad that you're pleased with them!

I really love both of those Alden's, are these natural chromexcel's going to be around for awhile? Time to save up...

Oh man, I love these two styles. We have 24 of each. The LWB's tend to move pretty fast, but depending on your size we may have them for a bit.

yep, speaking of boots I had another noob question. I never had any Alden boots or alike, and was wondering what kinds of temperatures I would be able to withstand with them. I usually have no problem going doublesockful (is that a word?), but still it would be nice to know.
Not sure I can shell out for Alden, but been eyeing Thorogood and they seem more or less a good deal for me at this point 

If you're looking for a rugged, really cold-weather boot then I'd definitely recommend the Thorogoods. The horsehide is thick and tough as hell - more so than anything we offer with Alden.

Thanks so much for the kind words! I apprecaite it :)

Domestic delivery is pretty quick. We generally ship within 48 hours, and we'll use either USPS or UPS. Feel free to PM me if you need a tracking number.

Regarding the Double Monks, it comes down to a matter of preference, and I'll leave it up to guys who may own the Mashburn models to compare them. Stylistically, there's quite a few differences in the shape and detailing.

But I can tell you this. I spent a year looking for a European brand to add to our shoe collection. You guys know that I'm psycho about value, fit, and quality. Alden is wonderful for the styles that we run, but I needed someone to offer things like double monks, chelsea boots, and other patterns that aren't in the Alden line. I considered basically every shoe manufacturer out there from the UK, Italy, Portugal, and Spain. I didn't find anything that came close to Carmina in terms of value and quality for the price. Their shoes are exquisite, their lasts fit very well, and their materials are excellent. Carminas are a gem, and we're thrilled to be their premier retailer in North America.

Any chance of the LWB Natty CXL will be re-ordered after this batch is gone? I need a 6E and would need to special order them if you do. Thanks.

Probably. That seems to be a good ongoing style for us. I'd open it up to special size orders for a week or so. When we do it, I'll post it into the Epaulet x Alden thread.

Leaf Ducks + EP Western Print belt + Alden Indy 403
Looking good! I dig that Leaf tone.

Just got the sunset madras in the mail, looks great and the XL fits exactly how i wanted it to.  Much appreciated!

Thank you sir, glad that you're pleased with it!

[COLOR=9FB1D4]Buckle Down[/COLOR]

Epaulet Lavender OCBD
Epaulet Octopus/Seersucker Bow Tie
Carmina x Epaulet Snuff Suede Double Monks

Sharp! And man, I forgot about that double-faced bowtie. You're rocking it hard.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads