• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it possible to request an inseam in 1/2" increments on the Special Order Rudy's. Would love to not have to get them hemmed.

On MTO Rudy's (not Ends for Friends), we might be able to accommodate that. Just with the understanding that our factory does not guarantee measurements down the the half inch, so it may hit that exact inseam or be a touch off. But sure - drop us an email right after you place your order.

Badandy

Reaction score
I haven't done a thorough search of this thread but am I the only one who thinks that a casual sportcoat in the speckled chambray fabric would be amazing?

On second thought this would really just be so I could pair it with speckled chambray shirt and rivet chinos to create a monotone speckled chambray suit.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I think its imperative to have a tailor do the hemming when the pants are on you with your choice of footwear. Every time I pre-order a hem job its never perfect. The tailor usually nails it on the first try. Trousers sit different on everyone, and I'm pretty picky on hems.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case anyone is curious how the Scotchgrain belt matches the Alden alpine grain leather, here's my new belt with pretty new Alden brown Alpine Grain boots.

The belt is definitely darker and less shiny, but a nice match none the less.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I haven't done a thorough search of this thread but am I the only one who thinks that a casual sportcoat in the speckled chambray fabric would be amazing?

On second thought this would really just be so I could pair it with speckled chambray shirt and rivet chinos to create a monotone speckled chambray suit.

Well this would be awesome.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I wish I could pull the Wyatt look off. It's pretty outside my current aesthetic though and I'd almost certainly need to have the sleeves shortened somehow. That is a killer deal though.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@epaulet - hey Mike, I've always gotten my EFF pants with extra length and had my tailor alter to be safe I didn't order them too short trying to get a precise inseam.

But...and I could probably just check at home later but does the finished hem allow no room to let out? If there's room I'd be willing to try and hit the exact length but too risky otherwise imo.

Thanks

TactileOne

Reaction score
So ok I'm an old fart, and I've a question I like the fabrics and cut of the Epaulet trousers. However I've always worn pants with a crease all the pictures show uncreased pants, was there a style change I missed?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So ok I'm an old fart, and I've a question I like the fabrics and cut of the Epaulet trousers. However I've always worn pants with a crease all the pictures show uncreased pants, was there a style change I missed?
The Rivet is considered a chino and most are casual fabrics and worn cuffed with no crease. I have a few of the EFF Wool Rivets and I have them cuffed at a tailor and iron creases.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@epaulet - hey Mike, I've always gotten my EFF pants with extra length and had my tailor alter to be safe I didn't order them too short trying to get a precise inseam.

But...and I could probably just check at home later but does the finished hem allow no room to let out? If there's room I'd be willing to try and hit the exact length but too risky otherwise imo.

Thanks
My experience is that there is little room left in the factory hem. I've gotten a few hemmed to my no-break length with good result but if you are looking for a certain break you might be better at your own tailor.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Don, yeah I think I should stick with having it hemmed on my end to be safe.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to do a quick google search and found the Salt & Pepper Lavender Check and it does look like the same fabric and looks outstanding..! Ended up ordering the Dark Olive & Navy Check for the reasons @CanadaCal mentions (and with that I need to block the EP website until winter)
thumbs-up.gif

Yes!

Those are amazing looking and rightfully sold out now, I think the olive/navy is a fantastic choice as well.

jglenn777

Reaction score
In case anyone is curious how the Scotchgrain belt matches the Alden alpine grain leather, here's my new belt with pretty new Alden brown Alpine Grain boots.

The belt is definitely darker and less shiny, but a nice match none the less.

I was on the fence about alpine grain leather, but it looks really amazing in this pic.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man, I wish I could pull the Wyatt look off. It's pretty outside my current aesthetic though and I'd almost certainly need to have the sleeves shortened somehow. That is a killer deal though. 

can the sleeves even be shortened?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads