• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harrydog

Reaction score

Here is a short fitting guide for Enzo Bonafé, I hope this helps. Of course, you can always e-mail us for further fitting advise at [email protected]. The lasts below are just a fraction of all Bonafé lasts, but these are the only ones we stock and therefor the only ones we can offer fitting advice for. This post is a X-post from our affiliate thread.

Enzo Bonafé 363 last (round classic last)
This last fits similar to Carmina Forest although it has a higher instep and a tighter toebox. A high instep would be ideal for a good fit.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Forest but keep in mind that the instep is high.

Enzo Bonafé 2102 last (soft square last)
This last fits similar to Carmina Rain. It has a generous instep and the toebox is roomier than on the 363.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Rain.

Enzo Bonafé 946 last (chiseled last)
This last fits very similar to Carmina Rain in almost every regard. Just like the Carmina Rain, it is a generous last.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Rain.

For reference, this is what me and my store manager wears:

Patrik
Carmina Rain: UK 11
Carmina Forest: UK 11.5
Carmina Simpson: UK 11.5
Edward Green: UK 11.5 F (82, 888, 606)
Gaziano & Girling: UK 11.5 F (all lasts except TG73)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 11.5
Enzo Bonafé 2102: UK 11
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 11

Gabriel
Carmina Rain: UK 8.5
Carmina Forest: UK 9
Carmina Simpson: UK 9.5
Edward Green: UK 9.5E (82)
Edward Green: UK 9E (888 and 202)
Gaziano & Girling: UK 9.5 F (all lasts)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 9
Enzo Bonafé 2102: UK 8.5
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 8.5

Wow...not real helpful...Gabriel is all over the place. I wear a US 10.5 and a UK 9.5 in just about everything (EG and G&G) I go UK 9 in Lobb 7000/8000.

I have been happy with UK 9.5 in Rain and Inca...definitely roomy width wise. I like the snug fit of my Simpson monk in 9.5. Probably to be safe I should just go 9.5 in all Bonafe? The opening suggestions seem to support this conclusion.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Wow...not real helpful...Gabriel is all over the place. I wear a US 10.5 and a UK 9.5 in just about everything (EG and G&G) I go UK 9 in Lobb 7000/8000.

I have been happy with UK 9.5 in Rain and Inca...definitely roomy width wise. I like the snug fit of my Simpson monk in 9.5. Probably to be safe I should just go 9.5 in all Bonafe? The opening suggestions seem to support this conclusion.

If you stick with the same size as you have in Rain you'll be fine. The exception is the 363 last which has a more narrow toe box and some people have to size up on this last.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't find it unhelpful at - merely reflects the different fits of different lasts from different manufacturers. There is no global standardized sizing. I wear UK 8.5 to 9 depending on last and brand, just as I can wear US 9.5 or 10.

If it helps, my Bonafe boots above and my EG Galway (82 last) both fit well in a UK 9. The Bonafe has a bit more instep room and a bit less toe room.

Harrydog

Reaction score

I don't find it unhelpful at - merely reflects the different fits of different lasts from different manufacturers. There is no global standardized sizing. I wear UK 8.5 to 9 depending on last and brand, just as I can wear US 9.5 or 10.

If it helps, my Bonafe boots above and my EG Galway (82 last) both fit well in a UK 9. The Bonafe has a bit more instep room and a bit less toe room.

My point was that there was a great deal of variation in Gabriel's sizing (in a number of cases full size differences.)

As I said the comparison of most Bonafe lasts to the Rain was most helpful.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My point was that there was a great deal of variation in Gabriel's sizing (in a number of cases full size differences.)
Yes. And my point was that a great deal of variation in Gabriel's sizing is a consequence of the great deal of variation in the fit of different lasts from different manufacturers. It is helpful precisely because last and size info is given for comparative purposes.

It may be that you are one size in all American shoes and one size in all UK / European shoes, but I expect such to be the exception, not the rule.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yes.  And my point was that a great deal of variation in Gabriel's sizing is a consequence of the great deal of variation in the fit of different lasts from different manufacturers.  It is helpful precisely because last and size info is given for comparative purposes. 

It may be that you are one size in all American shoes and one size in all UK / European shoes, but I expect such to be the exception, not the rule.

Gabriel does have hard feet to fit in all honesty, before he was our store manager he was a client, so I know. :) . He used to be a professional football player (soccer that is) so his feet are a bit roughed up. :)

Last edited:

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally find the sizes of Bonafe slightly larger than the same number of EG/G&G. (Bonafe=9,5/10 depending on last, while eg/G&G= 10.5/11 depending on last)

Reaction score
Agreed. Shoe sizing is a different fit for most manufacturers. I have a pair of Gucci Drivers that I wear a US12.5 in - I'm typically a US12.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Enzo Bonafé Black Wholecut GMTO

Fellow Styleforum members, lurkers and friends, we are organizing a GMTO for this Enzo Bonafé wholecut model. The last will be the chiseled 946 last (we recommend sizing the same as Carmina Rain last, for further fitting advise please e-mail [email protected]). The model number is 3725.

This is a photoshopped image to give you an idea of the finished model.

The same model but in “Etrusco” Calf.

Beveled black sole

Please see our affiliate thread for more info: http://www.styleforum.net/t/338047/...fficial-affiliate-thread/1860_30#post_6981154

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is there a list of the styles//models that are offered? a catalogue of sorts?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

is there  a list of the styles//models that are offered? a catalogue of sorts?

Nope, that's the problem. They have hundreds of styles and no documentation. That's Italy for you. Part of the charm. :)

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there a list of the styles//models that are offered? a catalogue of sorts?
They can make pretty much everything. Blake, handwelted goodyear(?), norvegese.
Skoaktiebolaget has a selection to be seen on their site, and you can see some other styles here. If you want to make an MTO at say Skoaktiebolaget you just contact them and say what you want, and they should get pictures of possible solutions. The leather and color choices are immense. Here are some other styles possible: http://skomakerdagestad.no/index/#/enzo-bonafe/ The 3839 toe is beautiful.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some pictures of Enzo Bonafe brogue and a picture of Enzo Bonafe swatch colors, very small but that is all we got.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can Bonafe duplicate the vertical reverse (?) stitch at the front tip of Edward Green's Dover/Nevis? I'm talking about the stitching that makes it a split toe.

jl54321

Reaction score
I am organizing a GMTO through Skoaktiebolaget of an Enzo Bonafe derby boot and we need one more participant to place the order.

The makeup will resemble the following Saint Crispin's boot:

jrkFpSGcKD0AZGZFbMWveG8ZDC3GpBxnpUh3JTvfc0ezWt9C7Sd6b2mKmxLAG3UfqCG-YVKsQhTMc7xetT-VLUgO_hi_QMWr8BzbAhIujIPnnWtm-QAuI3o=s0-d-e1-ft

This Bonafe model, with double rows of stitching and a row of stitching by the eyelets (as in the other boot pictured):

dRwzNHXYFpGvSJLYTIqsPI_W1EhvdIz9se6IiT7LJu0UPdRxsY9QHY73wSOZTk1PAsC8yQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Details:

- Dark brown calf upper/dark brown grained calf shaft
- 2102 soft chiseled last
- Norvegese welt
- Natural sole edge
- Regular width
- Double leather soles
- Metal toe taps

Price:
Boot: 6,200 SEK including VAT / 4,960 SEK ex-VAT + 300 SEK shipping (approximately $810 USD shipped)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads