• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

oven1969

Reaction score

Hey folks, Context has a sale on EG and Post Overalls. Picked up a shirt I was eyeing.

thanks for the info. but every time I look at those photos from Context, the way they do the EG product photos is so.....LL Bean....shirts all tug- in and not interesting at all...

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks for the info. but every time I look at those photos from Context, the way they do the EG product photos is so.....LL Bean....shirts all tug- in and not interesting at all...

You're welcome; but just imagine them tuged-out, or peruse another site with them tuged-out.

JRS1979

Reaction score
Not strictly EG related but didn't know where to put it...

Has anyone ever ordered something/had a proxy order on their behalf from Nepenthes Japan?

I'm looking to order a JP only item and they aren't responding to my emails. I'm wondering whether I need a proxy who can speak/write Japanese to sort it all for me. However, the proxies I've contacted so far seem reluctant to do the asking on my behalf. I'm not even sure if it's in stock still so I need to check availability before anything else.

Anyone had any joy doing this?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWK

Railroader Jacket

bf2c53e3.jpg

89309fa1.jpg

d852ebde.jpg

1e84b665.jpg

7c421876.jpg

9327e4c4.jpg

9f178257.jpg

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the story with the very high button stance on those jackets? Historical reference? I have an universal works jacket with a similar button stance, and I just feel weird in it, like both buttons should be buttoned (which I think they originally were on jackets with that button stance).

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most if not all eg jackets have a higher stance. I prefer it because with bedfords, for example, they look much betteer with the collar up imo.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isnt the bedford 3 buttoned though? The high stace looks very different in that case imo.

S-NMBR

Reaction score
The Lonsdale, have three button, but the lapels are "ironed" to two buttons, it's a typical cut from the 60's that I've seen in lot of tailored suits.
You can close all the buttons and the button on the neck too.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know what bobo's saying tho--that jacket pic the lowest button is near where a waist button would be on a standard men's tailored jacket. It's not too different from Black Fleece jackets. IIRC there's been a decent amount of debate over, for instance, old Kennedy photos where he buttoned both jacket buttons. Allegedly, these were "paddock" jackets (derived from riding jackets), and designed to have all buttons closed.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do you handle the issue shoreman? I have thought about adding extra buttons to my universal works jacket (which in that case would be 4 buttoned for symmetry)

oven1969

Reaction score
hi guys, do you know anyone carry the EG Fatigue in Navy? thanks in advance.

hansj

Reaction score

Whats the story with the very high button stance on those jackets? Historical reference? I have an universal works jacket with a similar button stance, and I just feel weird in it, like both buttons should be buttoned (which I think they originally were on jackets with that button stance).

I think it's historical. That's just what I like about EG. There are references everywhere and just done right. Lot of references to the twenties and thirties, the great area of menswear!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads