• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did anyone else grab ss12 shorts?

i got the 28s in the cinch navy polka dot and they were tiny!!! i have ss11 olive drab fatigue shorts in xs/28 and they fit large. not sure if this seasons shorts are smaller or if its just tha tmodel but i had to send them back to nepenthes for exchange

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Timpoblete and other EG experts:

What is EG Intermediates? The description on the Nepenthes blog just says made in the same factories but with a different "mindset." Is there a price/quality difference, or simply a less "engineered" look? The shirts all look very simple -- digging the print that's up on the site right now.

I understand the other sublabels -- workaday, s2w8, needles, but Intermediates is a new one for me.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't have an exact definition for the Intermediates line, but it's a line for in-between seasons, usually closer to the end of the season, at least after the first or second shipments go out. The designs usually have fewer details and lets them try out certain fabrics and combinations that might be used in future seasons. It's also a place they can use fabrics that don't fit with the current season.

S-NMBR

Reaction score
did anyone else grab ss12 shorts?
i got the 28s in the cinch navy polka dot and they were tiny!!! i have ss11 olive drab fatigue shorts in xs/28 and they fit large. not sure if this seasons shorts are smaller or if its just tha tmodel but i had to send them back to nepenthes for exchange

First of all, EG is my favorite brand and I have spent thousands in SS items this season (vest, trousers, shirts, cruiser jacket, landsdown jacket, shorts and so on) and I admire the work of Daiki.

Juts bought the SS2012 military green fatigue shorts in reversed sateen, wonderful fabric and amazing details.
They are stated XL, but from what I see they are XXL, I feel them too much wide (compared of what the picture on the net show....) so I think is better to buy a size under.
The fatigue long trouser, instead are very fine, the size stated is correct.

The problem with EG (that for me in Italy is possible to buy only online) is that what you see online like shops stylings and so on, is really different from what the fit are when you try the clothes.

Take the tab collar floral shirt.
I am a L, the large tab collar of last winter fit me perfectly. I buy the Tab collar floral for the SS ad the L was too tight, but very tight.
I upsize to XL... and is very very large :(
The XL is about two size more than the L.... its' incredible ... I can't believe the pattern maker make those error.

Another example is the Douglas, in the picture you'll see in the net, some shop present a fit like a shirt, others like an overshirt... you expect to buy a size correct to your fit... and I buy a L.
It was so strange: not a shirt, not an overshirt.
So send it back and buy a XL: incredibly large!!! Wide, oversized.... is in the hanger and I can't wear. I'm tired to spend money of shipments to send back... so 250€ that I have throw away.

Landsdown jacket.
The same: L very tight, XL... totally deformed: too long sleeve, too wide chest.. I don't know. Why they upsize two sizes from L to XL?

Definitely, is better to try any EG before to buy it, because they are not very easy to wear if you base your purchase on what you see in catalogs, pictures and so on.
For sure I will not buy more EG if I can't try it before!

Last edited:

oven1969

Reaction score
I feel your pain, Mr. S-NMBR.

Luckily, I went to the Nepenthes Shop in Manhattan last month (I am from Toronto) and tried on as many EG items there as possible. this SS season, so far, I bought

2 x Porter Jackets
Knit vest
Peacock Shorts
2 x Trail Vests

Unfortunately, none of the jackets work on my body...

S-NMBR

Reaction score
I feel your pain, Mr. S-NMBR.
Luckily, I went to the Nepenthes Shop in Manhattan last month (I am from Toronto) and tried on as many EG items there as possible. this SS season, so far, I bought
2 x Porter Jackets
Knit vest
Peacock Shorts
2 x Trail Vests
Unfortunately, none of the jackets work on my body...

Thank you oven1969.

I think you've bought good pieces, especially the Peacock Shorts, probably one of the best item this season.
About jackets, I'm very sorry for you :-(

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aacba8c1.jpg

c5c48759.jpg

b9156df4.jpg

09b7f92d.jpg

738cd63a.jpg

bce6a803.jpg

c3e50652.jpg

6d1cc1c4.jpg

5d9229d6.jpg

c60780ff.jpg

3db9b10d.jpg

9804932a.jpg

47e74920.jpg

f7fd150c.jpg

193f759a.jpg

Somewhat Engineered Garments related. Pretty pictures:

Needles:

1802682e.jpg

09bb42b3.jpg

173be434.jpg

b2a16514.jpg

296fc6ec.jpg

f63d1e3a.jpg

Takahiro Miyashita (I wasn't aware that he worked for Nepenthes for a while, pre-N(N)):

e9cfe917.jpg

64351084.jpg

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Timpoblete and other EG experts:
What is EG Intermediates? The description on the Nepenthes blog just says made in the same factories but with a different "mindset." Is there a price/quality difference, or simply a less "engineered" look? The shirts all look very simple -- digging the print that's up on the site right now.
I understand the other sublabels -- workaday, s2w8, needles, but Intermediates is a new one for me.

Don't have an exact definition for the Intermediates line, but it's a line for in-between seasons, usually closer to the end of the season, at least after the first or second shipments go out. The designs usually have fewer details and lets them try out certain fabrics and combinations that might be used in future seasons. It's also a place they can use fabrics that don't fit with the current season.

i think timpoblete is pretty much on the money. i asked leo at nepenthes a couple weeks ago, and he explained that Intermediates is the stuff that Daiki wants to design/prototype that doesn't fit coherently into his seasonal collections. obviously it's produced in much smaller quantities and for quicker turnaround than a collection. the prints they had in store were fantastic.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone seen this piece available anywhere?

1ebce856.jpg

TWorksheets

Reaction score

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Selling my ss12 fatigues in green size 32. Looking for a little fuller cut. Might go with the size S workaday fatigues and see how they turn out.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I love EG, outside of various kops my money will probably be strictly with EG outerwear. I have 4 jackets from EG and they are all in constant rotation. I really want to try their pants out. How do the workaday fatigues fit? What size should I get if I am normally a 33ish?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics