• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone knows where some of the shoes are stocked please let me know thanks! (Those depicted in the lookbook)

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most if not all are from other brands and have been released already:

Trickers x EG 99x New Balance inspired

Alden Indy Oxford

New Balance x Engineered Garments

Trickers x Nepenthes mismatch brogue

Some variant of the sanders oxford with suede and dainite sole- I couldn't find any online so these may be new season. Looks to be white suede longwing and blue plain oxford.

Arrow x Nepenthes Ring Moc

El QUaG

Reaction score
Just waiting on the rest of SS14 drops at TBB.

Fatigue shorts are looking great this season, they kept the handy zip stash pocket first seen on the AW13 range, and removed the side tabs (which I dont bother using anyways)!

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Fycus :) was looking at the brown penny loafers(though kinda generic), the slip ons vans. I really love the brown asymmetric derbies but at 80k yen I think I'm priced out.. :/

US Grant

Reaction score
anyone seen if the tropical wool Andover, in either blue or gray, has matching pants? i see matching gray shorts at least but am hoping to make this a suit- getting wedding invitations already...

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have the navy tropical wool andover.. i love it. but i'm not v sure if it's suitable for a wedding? hmm.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1, tropical wool is ratter thin and wrinkly fabric ime, depends on the wedding scene I guess, maybe a daytime outdoor casual weeding

Last edited:

US Grant

Reaction score

http://www.doo-bop.com/shopping/products/shosai.php?itemcd=8-217&b=10

Doo bop has tropical wool cinch pants for preorder so they exist

+1, tropical wool is ratter thin and wrinkly fabric ime, depends on the wedding scene I guess, maybe a daytime outdoor casual weeding

Lorcan, I need to learn how to search JP sites better. Thanks!

Canstyleace, that has been my general experience with tropical wool as well but am waiting to see it in-person at Jack Straw (no more ordering EG I haven't been able to try on!) There are at least two outdoor weddings and a daytime one at a former garment factory (really cool brick building, exposed pipes) so I could potentially wear it to those- but also going out/work attire.

I am not sold that it'll work but I love the natural shoulders, fabrics, and fit of the Andover (perfect in Seattle where wearing your 'nice' fleece is dressing up)- though I wish it was a little more more length in the jacket, based on my F/W11. I have found them to be a touch short (and I'm a 36s) in XS. Might need a S depending on the fit this season. Really, I need to try it on and can't wait.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty sure I've mentioned this before but out of many xs andovers that I've had over the years there were only 2 that were longer and had better proportions for a trad suit jacket (read: longer body and sleeves than usual for xs) had both suits actually, one was the grey crest wool jacquard from fw09 which I've long sold and the other is the charcoal w/c twill from fw10 which is more like a 3 season suit down here in socal

having said that I've successfully (at least imho) lengthened the sleeves on several xs andovers too but never tried to add length in the body, seems too risky due to the A shape at hem and vent

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
found some pics where I had noted this before, here is fw10 charcoal w/c twill suit next to fw11 navy uniform serge suit, both hanging on same type hanger and from the same spot, iirc body length was almost 2" longer and sleeve around 1", while the chest and shoulders were pretty much the same

Last edited:

US Grant

Reaction score

pretty sure I've mentioned this before but out of many xs andovers that I've had over the years there were only 2 that were longer and had better proportions for a trad suit jacket (read: longer body and sleeves than usual for xs) had both suits actually, one was the grey crest wool jacquard from fw09 which I've long sold and the other is the charcoal w/c twill from fw10 which is more like a 3 season suit down here in socal

having said that I've successfully (at least imho) lengthened the sleeves on several xs andovers too but never tried to add length in the body, seems too risky due to the A shape at hem and vent

There is part of me that knows I am trying a too hard to shoehorn myself into an EG suit work as I'd like. Good to know about the FW10. I like my FW11 just a touch short but doable. I had the FW13 Uniform Bedford XS, since sold, and that was Thom Browne-esque on me. I like tailored/fitted but while it was perfect in shoulders/chest, the length killed me- barely covered my belt. I know it's intentional and works for some but just not me. Looks like I need to go back in time or wait for Daiki to hopefully swing back the other way.

Huge thanks, canstyleace.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads