• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

VCircuit

Reaction score
I have the popover from a couple of seasons ago (not sure which one) and it´s really flared and big around the belly compared to chest/shoulders. Guess it´s a typical EG fit though.

Do you find the popover is a little slimmer in the chest/shoulders than the work shirt? I wear an S in the work shirt but M in most EG jackets, and I was planning to get the popover in M.

astris

Reaction score
Grabbed the tricolor long beach popover and the surf print popover shirt.

FYI, the surf print is sold out in middle sizes at a couple places, so if you've been on the fence, might want to get it now before they're gone.

Last edited:

Shingles

Reaction score

Sure, I just measured the ptp it was about 20 inches, the sts was (approx) 18.5 inches. It fit like most if not all the sport coat jackets I got from EG namely the FW ones. It's got some nice darting to compliment your waist. This is my first Truman so I'm pretty stoked. I'm looking forward to matching it with the Truman short and vest also in denim, could look real nice. The Ecru one is gorgeous.

I hope these measurements help you. If in doubt call Nepenthes and speak to Abdul.

Thanks Knight. What size is your jacket tagged as?
I just found measurements of the navy and denim on Context and Garbstores websites. They state the following.

Context - Medium
p2p 19.5
s2s 18
back length 27

Garbstore - Medium
p2p 19
s2s -
back length 27

Large: p2p 20.5 and 20.85.

Such a difference from FW. My Herringbone Truman in Small has p2p 19", s2s 19" and back length 27.75", measured myself. That jacket is tight on me though. Sounds like I'm between M and L this season just cause of the pit to pit :/.

Where can you get that?

If you mean the orange irridescent Nitty Grittys in Sweden has got it.
http://www.nittygrittystore.com/brands/engineeredgarments/men

Shingles

Reaction score
Bedford in Nylon looks stunning

http://www.nittygrittystore.com/men/outerwear/nylon-bedford-jacket

catchh

Reaction score
Won't 100% nylon make you feel to warm/sweaty for spring/summer?

Last edited:

Scoobersti

Reaction score
sorry if this is a repost, but it looks like Odin has their new EG up. They have the windbreaker in red.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this might just be the best piece of the season. anyone know what it's retailing for?

Knight

Reaction score
This beast retails for $575
Im pretty sure this has a flap/skirt reveal section underneath, hence the inflated price tag... You can see button rivets inbetween the pockets midway through the jacket.
this might just be the best piece of the season. anyone know what it's retailing for?

johnny1202

Reaction score
Is there going to be a penn shirt or any normal field jackets without the skirt flap this ss13?

braindrain

Reaction score
Sorry if this was addressed but where to get the floral shorts?

Dino19

Reaction score
Grabbed the tricolor long beach popover and the surf print popover shirt.

FYI, the surf print is sold out in middle sizes at a couple places, so if you've been on the fence, might want to get it now before they're gone.
how's the tri-colour fit? did you size up/down? it's also my cop piece, waiting for gary to receive his stock.

astris

Reaction score

how's the tri-colour fit? did you size up/down? it's also my cop piece, waiting for gary to receive his stock.

It just shipped today. Purchased from Nepenthes for $360. I sized it my usual EG jacket size (L). It will fit more loose than say a bedford or andover, but it should due to the style. Here are some measurements per Nepenthes:

M - 21.5" p2p
L - 22.5" p2

Jacket folds up too...

Engineered-Gaments_54841764_08.jpg

On a separate note, not sure why everyone is all excited by that olive jacket. To me it doesn't fit the ss13 theme. Looks like most other FW EG jackets.

Last edited:

xander_horst

Reaction score

Thanks Xander.....
Agreed on the drapeness factor, btw is yours a 60/40 or 100% cotton?

60/40.. Not sure if it was available in 100% cotton last year. I'd prefer 60/40 anyway for the water resistance.

Knight

Reaction score
Agreed about the Field Jacket it is an odd looking piece in terms of where it sits with everything else in the collection. It's a beautiful jacket no doubt, but you know when your gut says "i want it" without even thinking? I didnt get that with this jacket.

The Long Beach Parka however in a Hawaiian Print. That's amazing. No pictures of it yet though... just the blue/natural stripe...

It just shipped today. Purchased from Nepenthes for $360. I sized it my usual EG jacket size (L). It will fit more loose than say a bedford or andover, but it should due to the style. Here are some measurements per Nepenthes:

M - 21.5" p2p
L - 22.5" p2

Jacket folds up too...

Engineered-Gaments_54841764_08.jpg

On a separate note, not sure why everyone is all excited by that olive jacket. To me it doesn't fit the ss13 theme. Looks like most other FW EG jackets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads