• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer the shaft length of the EG. A bit more proportionate to me

anrobit

Reaction score
if you like green suede for $425? In my size, but wrong color (maybe)?
devil.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Edward-...3284828?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3cd6e3b45c
I recognize the couch in those photos. That guy has them listed on SF somewhere, I believe

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG Westminster's in Navy shell on the 888 last......

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ He has accepted offers on many items, but I know you have to at least go higher than $501 GBP to get them.
shog%5B1%5D.gif

any luck? any one else able to purchase a pair from sausages? i dont think even Bill expects to get full retail but whats a reasonable price? anyone succeed with an offer lower than list price?

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We are curious to know what you gentlemen think about the EG Shannon and Carmina's balmoral boot. Big difference? No difference?
I'm not a big fan of bal boots. Both of these look nice, but I like the EG better. And I'm not a huge fan of Carmina's shell finishing.

WiredandTired

Reaction score
Shannon is a slender and sleek overall. Carmina bal boot has more pronounced curves in the taper to the toe and more overall body compared to Shannon.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any luck? any one else able to purchase a pair from sausages? i dont think even Bill expects to get full retail but whats a reasonable price? anyone succeed with an offer lower than list price?

No, but you have to go higher than 551 GBP
shog[1].gif

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We are curious to know what you gentlemen think about the EG Shannon and Carmina's balmoral boot. Big difference? No difference?
Both look very nice. But my vote has to go to the Shannons. Which last are the Carminas on? Forrest or Robert?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Difference is like that between a BMW 5 series and a Lamborghini. Both are beautiful and I'd be pretty d@mned happy with either. The first is great, the second will blow your doors off. Visually, the difference between the shoes won't be nearly as great to most people (as opposed to with the cars). If you know what to look for, however, there is definitely a difference.

Great description.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Both look very nice. But my vote has to go to the Shannons. Which last are the Carminas on? Forrest or Robert?

Thank you! Robert last

cwh812

Reaction score

EG Westminster's in Navy shell on the 888 last......

That's a lot of blue shell in the last week. And now I know who got the Ullwaters from Leffot in my size (I had been eyeing but never pulled the trigger). Glad you got them!! Enjoy!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads