• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Education Choices

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Figured I would ask the collective for an opinion on an upcoming decision I may have to make.

Education wise,I have a

BA in Economics from Michigan State
MA in Economics from NYU
MS in Data Analytics from Southern New Hampshire University (about to graduate)

I have a very good job working for a large Pharma company who graciously paid for the MS Degree as part of a tuition reimbursement program. When I was at MSU and NYU I had originally planned on getting a PhD in Economics and teaching, but life sort of got in the way.

The company I currently work for will essentially pay for degrees until I have every letter in the alphabet after my name, which brings me to my question; "Where the hell do I go from here?"

I don't necessarily want to change fields or professions, but I would like to continue earning degrees, might as well take advantage of the company offerings for as long as possible eh? Here are some of the options I have looked into

Doctorate of Management from University of Maryland University College
Phd Management from Walden
Doctorate of Business Administration from North Central University
a few others along this path

Does anyone have an opinion about Online PHD/Doctorate programs? Does anyone know any of the relative differences between a DM/PhD/DBA type degree? Any opinions or experiences about programs to avoid or perhaps try and get into ?

All in all, just looking for some guidance or thoughts from all of you.

Cheers

Marc

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PhD is still the norm, DBA from a few schools like HBS counts, but in other situations it presumes a more practice-oriented doctorate. Haven't really heard about DM before.

Honestly, I don't see the point of an online PhD at all, so I suppose I'll keep my opinions to myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads