• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

vanners for the wovens
adamley for the prints
these are the two british companies
responsible for most of the silks
and patterns for ties
that are commonly
discussed
here
they are the 'designers'
calling on their
extensive archives.

they are one and the same, for wovens I was talking about Walters. Anyway, the silks are great from any of these guys and its just a matter of finding the patterns you like.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
what is so special about cappelli anyway. any better than Vanda or Panta? Seriously....

............. This isn't meant to be serious right? Whats so special about Panta, Vanda and even Hober for that matter... Every brand has their unique qualities. What's mind blowing to me is how Brioni, Charvet and many others charge $180++ for a tie when Hober charges a ridiculous $80 (A Tommy Hilfiger or RL Green Label tie in Macy's is $60!!). This tells me that there must be something about these brands that pulls the customers in.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
cappelli = high, high taste level in the cloths chosen, excellent lining, top notch sewing, beautiful shape, perfect knots every time.

Westbound

Reaction score
Yea', I think it's the lining and sewing (and the name, too, I guess) that you're paying for, because Vanda uses the exact, same designs - assuming the silk is either the same or of comparable quality, as well:

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quick update on Cappelli - if you buy 5 ties, the shipping charges are waived
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:

............. This isn't meant to be serious right? Whats so special about Panta, Vanda and even Hober for that matter... Every brand has their unique qualities. What's mind blowing to me is how Brioni, Charvet and many others charge $180++ for a tie when Hober charges a ridiculous $80 (A Tommy Hilfiger or RL Green Label tie in Macy's is $60!!). This tells me that there must be something about these brands that pulls the customers in.

There is a reason companies spend so much on Marketing.....

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To elaborate on what I mentioned before, I imagine the brand is selling you their style.

When I went to Napoli, Sig. Cappelli made it very clear to me that the silk prints were similar to Marinella and he recommended buying the unlined/untipped jacquard ties, which are his preference. He is also a big fan of navy and brown, so I imagine he incorporates that in the silk he gets commissioned.

Just my $0.02.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered some ties as I don't know when I'm going to Naples again. As others have noted, the $50 is flat, whether you buy one tie or ten. Also, I received an email from Patrizio indicating the shipping charge is likely to go down as he's getting a better rate than he anticipated. SInce I'd purchased and already paid the old shipping, he threw in a little lagniappe for me, which I appreciate. Seems like a great guy I want to do more business with, and I'm looking forward to meeting him in person soon.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
I ordered some ties as I don't know when I'm going to Naples again. As others have noted, the $50 is flat, whether you buy one tie or ten. Also, I received an email from Patrizio indicating the shipping charge is likely to go down as he's getting a better rate than he anticipated. SInce I'd purchased and already paid the old shipping, he threw in a little lagniappe for me, which I appreciate. Seems like a great guy I want to do more business with, and I'm looking forward to meeting him in person soon.

Please pics when they arrive!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads