• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dressing well in law enforcement?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sunspel polos are crazy expensive here, but maybe cheaper there?

I like the M12 (made in UK) Fred Perry polos, but not everyone likes The laurel branding or subculture associations.

Helikon-Tex make the best tactical pants - I think they also do some undercover type trousers as well.

Also look at Incotex trousers. Cordings are a bit ‘old man’ Cut, but very nice chinos, cords and moleskins.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also live in europe and have just started buying from spier and Mackay. Their bundle prices are good and i think their stuff is worth buying even with 25 % Norwegian VAT. If you wish to try some of their clothes I can DM you a refferal link that will give 20 % off your first order.

narco110

Reaction score
I also live in europe and have just started buying from spier and Mackay. Their bundle prices are good and i think their stuff is worth buying even with 25 % Norwegian VAT. If you wish to try some of their clothes I can DM you a refferal link that will give 20 % off your first order.

Hmm... the bundle prices are really good indeed. What are the shipping costs to Europe based on your experience? I can imagine ordering some polos or shirts from them as properly sized OTR shirts usually fit me quite well. I'd be reluctant to order pants from overseas though... if they don't fit and I need to return them it'd be quite a hassle and also would most likely take several months to get an import VAT refund from the customs authorities. On the other hand the prices ARE pretty damn good... it might even be worth risking it.

As for sources in Europe I've heard some good things about tailorgeorge.fr (MTM shirts in a wide variety of fabrics and colors ranging from 45 to 58 €). The stuff from nolabel.nl also looks interesting.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have bought their suits with 15 USD in shipping and polos via massdrop. They will calculate shipping at check out.

If you decide to try them out let me know before you register your e mail so you can enter their page via the refferal link.

Thomson

Reaction score
Hm, Europe isn’t the Midwest. There are decent MTM options in any larger city. If MTM is actually needed. And no need to order online - there still shops where you can actually try out things.

narco110

Reaction score
I have bought their suits with 15 USD in shipping and polos via massdrop. They will calculate shipping at check out.

If you decide to try them out let me know before you register your e mail so you can enter their page via the refferal link.

Thanks a bunch! I'll let you know if I decide to give it a shot.

narco110

Reaction score
Hm, Europe isn’t the Midwest. There are decent MTM options in any larger city. If MTM is actually needed. And no need to order online - there still shops where you can actually try out things.

True enough. However with three small kids, a job that doesn't always end at 5 pm, a house and a bunch of other things that keep me busy my free time is severely limited so I tend to do most of my shopping online.

Yesterday my wife and I decided to head downtown with our kids in tow and shop for some pants and shoes for me and a business suit for her. It took us about five hours of hard work (mostly trying to keep the kids from wreaking havoc in the stores), we only got to half of the places we intended to visit and in the end I was pretty much dragged out of the shoe store by a tired and hungry three year-old screaming at the top of her voice before I could try anything on :)

So while I do enjoy our family outings extended shopping trips are something I don't care to repeat too often at the moment... I value quality online shopping opportunities.

narco110

Reaction score
Helikon-Tex make the best tactical pants - I think they also do some undercover type trousers as well.

They absolutely do, don't they? I've been wearing their UTP/OPT series pretty much exclusively for years... OTP in autumn and winter and UTP during the warmer months. The pocket design ist the most practical I've ever seen. Though they seem to have done away with the elastic loops in the left thigh pocket lately. Too bad, I found those things to be really useful to secure spare mags, flashlight etc.

You're probably right, I might need to look at their more "civilian" designs as well. A nice looking chino with some hidden tactical features would be really cool :)

Thomson

Reaction score
Yes, understood. I can see the attraction of buying stuff online.

True enough. However with three small kids, a job that doesn't always end at 5 pm, a house and a bunch of other things that keep me busy my free time is severely limited so I tend to do most of my shopping online.

Yesterday my wife and I decided to head downtown with our kids in tow and shop for some pants and shoes for me and a business suit for her. It took us about five hours of hard work (mostly trying to keep the kids from wreaking havoc in the stores), we only got to half of the places we intended to visit and in the end I was pretty much dragged out of the shoe store by a tired and hungry three year-old screaming at the top of her voice before I could try anything on :)

So while I do enjoy our family outings extended shopping trips are something I don't care to repeat too often at the moment... I value quality online shopping opportunities.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viratwilliiame