• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone have feedback on "Harry Suits"?

Alex26

Reaction score
This is my first post, but I've been lurking for a while - sorry mods if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I recently came across harrysuits.com and was hoping someone had experience or feedback to share. They seem to offer very inexpensive custom tailored suits and have an ordering interface that looks eerily like Indochino's.

All the reviews in the testimonials section have similar diction and are all 5 out of 5 stars. I can't seem to find anything about them online that isn't a blatant advertisement or company written press release. I'd imagine this has something to do with the name's similarity to Harry Rosen or the Harry from Hong Kong (this site claims to be from Mumbai).

I wouldn't normally look to online suiting (tried Indochino - wasn't terrible, but I prefer the in-store approach), but with prices around $175 it is tempting.

Any feedback at all would be great,

Thanks!

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those reviews were probably typed by Harry himself or his kin.
Check out the 'contact us' option. It leads nowhere but to a mysterious email address.
No Harry. No real names. No address. No phone number. This site is dodgy at best.

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paging Harry, someone wants to know about your suits.

Last edited:

Alex26

Reaction score
I had a similar feeling on first glance, just the site looks less like a scam than a sketchy-at-best tailor. Also, the 'reviews' only started a few months ago, suggesting the site may be quite new.

For less than $200 its tempting, just hoping someone has seen\heard of the results before.

John Jarvis

Reaction score
hey ive been looking into this too - i wanted to buy a suit, but luckily thought i should have a poke around first (pretty much cause of the extremely low prices).

http://www.prweb.com/releases/customsuits/harrysuits/prweb9127974.htm

i found this link ^^ and it makes "harrysuits.com" look pretty dodgy - especially when they refer to the CEO as "Harry Suits"

but other than that i found bugger all, no reviews, no anything.

i dont know mate - i want someone to try them and tell me if it works hahaha.

oh and someone mentioned indochino... if i order a suit from them how long would it take to be delivered? (im in queensland australia btw)

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you used 'search' to see what that reveals. If as I suspect, nothing, then simply avoid them. The web site looks like several others of its ilk and inspires no confidence whatever.

Notice also how simialr the web site is to this one:

http://www.tailoredsuitsparis.com/

Which someone asked exactly the same question about yesterday

Both total crap - avoid unless you like burning money. Just take advantage of RTW when marked down - you'll do better that this stuff.

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have used Harrys for my wedding.
I followed all the instructions for measurements for myself (black french pinstripe pure wool) and 4 groomsmen (plain black pure wool).
Mine arrived first, the trousers didn't quite fit, $15 to alter at my local seamstress.
The rest of the suits were fine, although 2 of the guys haven't tried them on yet - they only arrived yesterday. Nice lightweight pure wool suits - I don't think they do a heavier a winter suit.
I asked for express service and they produced and shipped all 5 suits within 15 days at no extra charge - although i offered -  responded well to emails, etc.
I recommend their service and product. For the price, its good stuff. seriously.
Also - they do offer credit to the value of any local alterations required after delivery, or you can ship back and get them to do the alterations for free.
So - my experiences with Harrys all good thus far

Yet another first time poster who praises a little known brand. All others critical which does suggest that this is 'convenient' and relies on Google alerts which I gather 'find' these things....

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did we hear from Harry? Maybe he's hiding somewhere? :hide:

Last edited:

onhermis

Reaction score
SERIOUSLY EVERYONE ON THIS SITE: Don't EVER buy a suit from HarrySuits, I ordered one online and the order came late, the fabric smelt badly and it was of extremely low quality. I had to purchase another suit from a local retailer because of this, I tried to explain that I would not want the suit to go into production because it wouldn't arrive in the timeframe that I required it for but there was no reply from 'support' and the suit was produced and sent to me. I had let them know even before the suit was beginning to take shape. I demanded for a refund but again, no reply. Therefore, I lost alot of money on buying 2 suits and I ended up with a smelly rough ugly suit which was most definitely not 'hand crafted'! Think again before ordering a suit online, and I would seriously recommend purchasing from local tailors/retailers. Don't trust dodgy sites!

karlhuna

Reaction score
I ordered a suit for my brother's wedding.

The key seems to be getting the measurements right.

I'll admit that my pants were unwearable and my jacket is a terrible fit - in their favour, I rowed competitively for 15 years so I've got a non-regular shaped body.

My brother and the other four grooms men also ordered from Harrys - and their's were perfect. Good length on sleeves and pants, fit that was snug without being restrictive.

One of the other members who had a successful order mentioned that he got a tailor to measure him before placing the order, I'd suggest the same. My suit was poorly fitting but the quality of the fabric at $250 was acceptable, I've got a couple of Boss and a Zegna and they're nothing like it, but they were also 6+ times more expensive. I'd give them a go again but next time I'll be getting a professional to do the measurements.

Momoguy

Reaction score
I am a new forum member and poster simply because I never had anything to post before, even though I have been reading the forum for some time. I had a really horrible experience with Harry Suits. I ordered a suit and the fabric samples. The only thing that went right was the samples. They arrived in good time and are of reasonably good quality considering the prices.
I ordered a medium gray, 2 button suit in super 130's worsted pure wool. First time through I followed their instructions and self measured with the help of my wife. A disaster due only in part to our ineptness in measuring, it was simply unwearable. True to their word, they offered a complete re-make. This time I went to a local shop and had my measurements confirmed. The re-made suit had so much wrong with it that it also is unwearable. When I was asked to review my order on the Harry Suit website, I did so and pointed out specific faults, mostly on the suit coat. I was then asked to send photos of the problem areas, which I was happy to do. That was two weeks ago and I have not heard from them again, and as one might suspect, my review never made it to their web site. I took the coat to a local shop and for $130.00 they will make some alterations where possible, but they still cannot guarantee that the coat will ever look right. I am not likely to have this resolved in my favor, and am posting here so that others considering Harry Suits will know that the 5 star reviews on their web site are not the whole story.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads