• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you tuck in your shirt into your underwear?

jagmqt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcus Brody
What size Gap stretch tees are you buying? I also like them a lot as undershirts, but do think that they could serve to be an inch or two longer when serving that purpose with another shirt tucked in over top of them (though it does depend on the waist of the pants).

On a slightly related note, when I was in college I spent a year studying in Spain. The woman who I rented me my room also did laundry. She was just in love with my Gap stretch t-shirts. She would go on about how she knew clothes and they were good quality clothes. She basically wouldn't believe me when I told her how much they cost. I think that Gap did drop their quality and thickness for a time in the last few years, but it seems to me the last batch I bought were pretty good, so I hope they stay that way.

I get XL-T online...there is always a "but two get them cheaper" offer online...if it helps you gauge size, i mentioned my height, i'm about 230 lbs and wear a 44-46 sized suit coat w/ a 36" waist...I've tried the L-T's, but they are too tight for my tastes...the XL-T's are form-fitting but not tight.

As to quality...well, I wear them as an undershirt, so I guess I never thought about it...I just replace them as needed.

Hope this helps.

jag

litho

Reaction score
I find it bizarre that anyone would tuck anything into their underwear

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jagmqt
I get XL-T online...there is always a "but two get them cheaper" offer online...if it helps you gauge size, i mentioned my height, i'm about 230 lbs and wear a 44-46 sized suit coat w/ a 36" waist...I've tried the L-T's, but they are too tight for my tastes...the XL-T's are form-fitting but not tight. As to quality...well, I wear them as an undershirt, so I guess I never thought about it...I just replace them as needed. Hope this helps. jag
It does. Thanks! I've always bought them in the store and didn't realize they had a tall option. I will occasionally wear them as a standard white t-shirt, so I noticed when my newer ones started to wear out before my older ones.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No. And if you do, please keep it to yourself.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. I use visits to the WC to straighten out the shirt / undershirt situation. Given how much coffee and water I intake daily, this provides ample opportunity to keep things in order.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I can't imagine the surprise a girl must feel if, while you're undressing, she sees your shirt tucked in your tighty whites, with the tail of the shirt peaking out of the leg holes.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tucking your shirt into your underwear = Tucking your ween between

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a compromise I'd never be willing to take...

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you get an extra long shirt, you can tie your two ends of your shirt through the leg holes of your tighty whities - making a really cool jump suit!

laphroaig

Reaction score
Doesn't it defeat the purpose of wearing underwear in the first place?

With low rise trousers, if you tuck your shirt into your underwear, what if your shirt ends up pulling your underwear high enough to be seen?

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Undershirt, yes; dress shirt, never. Nor have I ever worn a union suit.

Originally Posted by litho
I find it bizarre that anyone would tuck anything into their underwear

This must pose some difficulty at teh urinal, yes?

Patrician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laphroaig
Doesn't it defeat the purpose of wearing underwear in the first place?

With low rise trousers, if you tuck your shirt into your underwear, what if your shirt ends up pulling your underwear high enough to be seen?

This is the reason I dont do it, I'm merely posing the question.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not just buy trousers with the elastic grip strip in the waistband (or have a tailor add that)? Works for me in terms of keeping my shirts in place all day.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Safe to assume that you guys who tuck have given up on the idea of undressing in front of a woman?

Your mothers don't count.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads