• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Alex@C&J

Reaction score
Dear All,

I believe we have reached the minimum number of participants for the Skye Dark Brown Cordovan GMTO. If so, please forward the following details to my self at [email protected]

-Name and Styleforum username
-UK shoe size
-Shipping and billing address
-Phone number
-Whether you want the shoes to be posted or wish to collect in store

Please also kindly confirm the specifications.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Alex Vigouroux.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Dear All,

I believe we have reached the minimum number of participants for the Skye Dark Brown Cordovan GMTO. If so, please forward the following details to my self at [email protected]

-Name and Styleforum username
-UK shoe size
-Shipping and billing address
-Phone number
-Whether you want the shoes to be posted or wish to collect in store

Please also kindly confirm the specifications.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Alex Vigouroux.
Before it can proceed with a final specification, participants will need to decide on:
- 4 speedhooks OR all eyelets.
- dainite OR ridgeway

(please see more in post below)

Last edited:

Ypuh

Reaction score
The open/closed status doesn't seem very up-to-date within the individual GMTO sheets (e.g. the Russian Islay projects are still open and I'd be interested in joining, but they seem to be already delivered).

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
This GMTO list needs updating. It currently stands at five now. So needs one more participant.

Also, before it can proceed with a final specification, participants will need to decide on whether they want:
- dainite OR ridgeway

The preference is to go for :

- All exposed eyelets - to give the boot a consistent and refined look that can be worn formally also. Ski hooks (a.k.a speedhooks) are hardly needed or functional on a brogue boot like this.

- ridgeway because its far more comfortable; lasts longer; gives far better grip in icy conditions; from a side profile looks equally as neat as dainite would.

This specification was done on the Lindrick shell GMTO and came out magnificent. Please see here

£1100 had been quoted (as specified on the GMTO list).

Awaiting confirmation.

Last edited:

jheese

Reaction score
The preference is to go for :

- All exposed eyelets - to give the boot a consistent and refined look that can be worn formally also. Ski hook (a.k.a speedhooks) are hardly needed or functional on a brogue boot like this.

- ridgeway because its far more comfortable; lasts longer; gives far better grip in icy conditions; from a side profile looks equally as neat as dainite would.

This suggested specification was done on the Lindrick shell GMTO and came out magnificent. Please see here

£1100 had been quoted (as specified on the GMTO list).

Awaiting confirmation.
I have updated the count in the table. It now shows the correct numbers :)

In regards of the specs, I am happy with Ridgeway. But I prefer Speedhooks.

Last edited:

aquatherm

Reaction score
This GMTO list needs updating. It currently stands at five now. So needs one more participant.

Also, before it can proceed with a final specification, participants will need to decide on whether they want:
- dainite OR ridgeway
Personally I prefer speedhooks. I have a 7 eyelet boot and although I love it, heate wearing it because it's a PITA to put on. My other derby boot is taller with 4 speedhooks and is much more easier so they are functional without a doubt. I'm thinking of buying the Kelso and would ask CJ if they could change 4 eyelets for hooks

Is ridgeway a softer sole than dainite then? I hate dainite, personal preference would be gumlite or vibram lightweight cleated sole

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Personally I prefer speedhooks. I have a 7 eyelet boot and although I love it, heate wearing it because it's a PITA to put on. My other derby boot is taller with 4 speedhooks and is much more easier so they are functional without a doubt. I'm thinking of buying the Kelso and would ask CJ if they could change 4 eyelets for hooks

Is ridgeway a softer sole than dainite then? I hate dainite, personal preference would be gumlite or vibram lightweight cleated sole

Lets see what majority vote is on "all eyelets VS 4 speedhooks"

Yes, Ridgeway is softer on the foot yet lasts much longer.

martin92

Reaction score
Hello,
have you experience with MTO chelseas? What last would you recommend if my current chelsea 11 in 335 last has good width, but is too deep in toe area. My chelseas feel too loose in forepart so I am considering to buy MTO with different last.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JodySanford1