• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Computer Screenshots

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what your computer screens all look like. To take a screenshot in: OS X: hold down APPLE + SHIFT + 3 and a file will be saved to your desktop. You can also try a program called 'Grab.app' which is in Applications->Utilities folder Windows: Hit 'Print Screen' key and then open up MS Paint or Photoshop or whatever and then go to Edit -> Paste. Linux: use gimp, or if you are hax0r do whatevs. Also please try to reseize to 800x600 or 1024x768 for us guys with little monitors. I'll go first:

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
desktopqy8.jpg

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the minimalist icons and no taskbar. In practice the hidden taskbar is quite annoying I've found. I'm also not much into real photos in the background, but if you're going to do it, this is the only way it should be done.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It sort of matches a theme I have in my room. Two of my walls are covered in this floor to ceiling wall mural of Manhattan at night. Also, this is my "media" computer, so I rarely go into the taskbar/start menu for anything. The "audio" "movies" and firefox icons get most of the traffic. I usually use this computer from about six feet away, while laying in bed, which is why the icons are so large.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without hidden taskbar:

desktopof5.jpg

With hidden taskbar:

desktop2id7.jpg

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
picture2pv8.png

colgate.gif

Why is your desktop a close up of a crotch?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LK, for some reason I always pictured you in Windows with something more gawdy. Also surprised to see that you're using fink, might I ask why? btw, how do you align the desktop icons? Long since a pet peeve of mine. edit: also I'm noticing you are using Expose to hide your windows. I use virtual desktops, you might like them. http://virtuedesktops.info

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
mydesktu0.jpg

i love looking at other people's desktops ^_^

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised I haven't seen any customized XP boxes using http://themexp.com/ or something similar. Best part about gnome and kde in linux is their customizability.

The new MS Vista supports themes easily doesn't it?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Should I have shrunk my screenshot down for you poor unfortunate souls out there without a larger than 1680x1050 display? I always forget about you little monitor folks...

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I put mine down to 800x600 because photobucket makes me and it is polite. my resolution is only 1024x768 on a 12" screen. I had to do a lot of scrolling and remembering to see yours.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
LK, for some reason I always pictured you in Windows with something more gawdy. Also surprised to see that you're using fink, might I ask why?

btw, how do you align the desktop icons? Long since a pet peeve of mine.

edit: also I'm noticing you are using Expose to hide your windows. I use virtual desktops, you might like them. http://virtuedesktops.info

No, I use an Apple, one of those PowerBooks.

I don't really recall what Fink is, so I suspect it's one of those things that were downloaded as a package; however I believe I used it to install the Nicotine program of that music downloader.

My desktop icons are aligned automatically, but in Finder, I know you can align them in the View option at top.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ugh. 800x600?

Thats friggin tiny!

desktopqy8kc6.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads