• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 12-13

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple pairs on sale at UNIS.

Banana Cognac

Reaction score

Does anyone have a pair of these Derbys? How are they (fit/comfort/size/quality)?

I went with my achillies size and they fit spot on - they are very comfy with the crepe sole and look great to wear to work - i couldnt be happier.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pissed off is an understatement.

Bought these from Harrolds (in Sydney) during the recent sale and i'd say i've worn them 5 times MAX.

Last edited:

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I just noticed this also on the outside of my left foot.

These shoes are like brand new. Shame.

Last edited:

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
whoa that sucks. Giant quality depreciation? I was really liking the look of the suede this season too but guess ill stay away :eh:

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One defective pair doesn't mean the quality has gone down

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Pissed off is an understatement. 

Bought these from Harrolds (in Sydney) during the recent sale and i'd say i've worn them 5 times MAX.

had a leather pair from ss10 on gumsoles, almost same spot started separating from sole but a glue job was all that was necessary. albeit not 5 wears, more like a year of hard wear including hiking. the soles still looked brand new i got rid of them in the end tho

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score

One defective pair doesn't mean the quality has gone down

obviously this goes without saying. Still, just seeing stuff like this turns me off from considering those tournaments when they were only a 'consideration' to begin with. Really wanted some new editions but since they never seemed to make it past the showroom, I'm being forced to look elsewhere...

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that happens all the time on the grey suede desert boots. dont buy unlined suede next time

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with all of the above.

Just returned from the store where I bought them and got a refund.Not the best outcome as I bought them on sale for $150 and there were no other shoes to exchange for at such small value - only RRP. Which in Australia, is nuts. May wait for the next MrP/TBS etc sales and snap up a pair at a discount. Or I might be impatient and buy at retail. I wont be buying the tournament low's though. May go for the newer nappa finish or winters.

Still loving this pair I bought at the same time. Not sure of the name / style but they feel 100x better constructed.

beauferris

Reaction score
Hey guys I am about to purchase come lows right now but im last minute second guessing myself. I am a size 8 in all my shoes do you guys think I should get a 41? or size down one like everyone says? my feet are not wide or anything like that. Thanks a bunch in advance!

beauferris

Reaction score
Thanks! Just pulled the trigger on a pair of low whites in a size 40 from nitty gritty hopefully all goes well! kinda scared for customs though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads