• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cologne

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Try reading the "What fragrance are you wearing" thread about two or three below this one for some very informative discussions and recommendations.

SoulPatcher

Reaction score
I've had success (by that I mean compliments) with Obsession for Men and Adidas.

qwerty

Reaction score
Acqua di Gio by Georgia Armani is my all time favorite, I love smelling it on a guy
Boss in Motion by Hugo Boss .. love that too

savage

Reaction score
I wear Issak Miyaki almost exclusively... but the Acqua Di + Hugo Boss i'd second.

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
Aqua di Gio is a huge hit, but it's not very original.

On the more obscure side (at least around these parts); every girl at my college that's gotten a wiff of it seem to enjoy Floris Sanatal.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MCsommerreid
Aqua di Gio is a huge hit, but it's not very original. On the more obscure side (at least around these parts); every girl at my college that's gotten a wiff of it seem to enjoy Floris Sanatal.
Good call, Matt. On the SF-equivalent of fragrance forums, AdG is held in about as high esteem as KC Square-toes! My favorite mainstream men's scents are the original "trio" from Chanel; Antaeus, Pour Monsieur, and Egoiste. All of these are excellent scents, fairly affordable, and not something that everybody and their brother will wear. Another that is great and very affordable (especially via ebay) is Balmain Monsieur. Best for spring/summer, this one is all citrus and woods, especially lemon. For about $75, Neiman Marcus sells Fresh's Cannabis Santal. It's quite sweet, but really unique and one of my favorites. I've slowly been spreading this around SF (just ask amerikajinda) and so far all involved have liked it.

Yaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeffm4824
What cologne do the ladies like? I'm thinking of trying some different ones, any suggestions?

I have found Basenotes to be a very useful site for evaluating colognes. Plenty of user comments and reviews. Colognes will smell differently on each individual, but in my experience I have gotten the most compliments from ladies when I wear Platinum Egoiste and Cool Water.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Frankly, women don't know dick about colognes (no pun intended).

I've worn a wide range of expensive to medium priced colognes only to find I get the best reactions, complements from Old Spice and the horrid Axe body sprays. Fine with me, saves me some cash.

Joop also seems to be a crowd pleaser but go easy on it. 3 sprays makes me nauseated all day. Fun as hell to bust a bottle in an elevator when you're drunk though...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads