1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

clothes in the movie 'great gatsby'

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by esquire., Apr 16, 2005.

1. lisapop

lisapop Well-Known Member

Horses? [​IMG] Grayson

2. tgfny

tgfny Well-Known Member

Oh if the knish were their only difference inpreferences. (Or maybe you could say they shared the same preferences.)
    Horses? [​IMG] Grayson
    I saw him with his interests in the village and I wouldn't call them horses. More like ponies [​IMG]

3. lisapop

We probably should stop right there with the double entendres before it gets ugly.
    Grayson

4. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I have, and am embarassed for many of the posters.

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    (Dakota rube @ April 20 2005,20:35) a sorority house busboy.
    Please tell me you have good stories from this. I was watching this movie once, and- well never mind.
    Unbelievable stories, I assure you. Many feature nudity and debauchery.

6. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

Interesting, Marc. I've had great experiences there. And at Jay Kos as well, another place where you've had less than perfect service.

7. lisapop

Both Peter Elliot and Jay Kos give you the "Walk of Shame" scowl if you dare leave without making a purchase. Next time, perhaps I should return with deeper pockets.
    Grayson

8. dorian

dorian Well-Known Member

(tgfny @ April 21 2005,07:58)
    a sorority house busboy.
    Please tell me you have good stories from this. I was watching this movie once, and- well never mind.
    Yes? Yeeesssssss? C'mon, tellllllll.... YES.?

9. tgfny

tgfny Well-Known Member

I've never had that experience, but I know Jay and Elliot.

10. lisapop

I'm more of a Davide Cenci guy as smallish stores go---David, who runs/owns the place, is a refined, classy guy and very down-to-Earth. A friendly, comfortable store, at least for me.
    Grayson

11. Horace

Horace Well-Known Member

My dear Grayson -- how is it that you're the guy who gets treated so poorly or has so many problems? Higher standards? Do you really care what these haberdashers think? Given a few of your prev. posts, you seem to.

12. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

(Dakota rube @ April 21 2005,07:49)
    a sorority house busboy.

Yes? Yeeesssssss? C'mon, tellllllll.... YES.?
    Whoa dude, is that the sound of one hand typing? Not too zen...

13. lisapop

My dear Horace -- Yes, I have high(er) standards. Am treated quite well, actually, by those with higher standards, too, and who appreciate mine: Two of the best bespoke tailors in the world, Raphael Raffaelli in NY and Joe Morgan on Savile Row. Â Rome shirtmaker extraordinaire Mimmo Siviglia, John Lobb Paris bespoke, John Lobb Paris RTW, John Lobb London bespoke, Tony Gaziano over at Edward Green bespoke, Perry Ercolino bespoke shoemaker, Crockett & Jones, JM Weston, Gabor Halmos/Vass shoes, Ron RIDER, Marinella bespoke ties, Hermes, Tanino Crisci shoes, Bergdorf Goodman, Beretta, Oxxford, Charvet ties, Robert Talbot, Davide Cenci, and others all get on great with me, too. Â No problems whatsoever with them. Â I'm in terrific company [​IMG] Grayson

14. tgfny

tgfny Well-Known Member

My dear Grayson -- how is it that you're the guy who gets treated so poorly or has so many problems? Â Higher standards? Â Do you really care what these haberdashers think? Â Given a few of your prev. posts, you seem to.
    My dear Horace -- Yes, I have high(er) standards. Am treated quite well, actually, by those with higher standards, too, and who appreciate mine: Two of the best bespoke tailors in the world, Raphael Raffaelli in NY and Joe Morgan on Savile Row. Â Rome shirtmaker extraordinaire Mimmo Siviglia, John Lobb Paris bespoke, John Lobb Paris RTW, John Lobb London bespoke, Tony Gaziano over at Edward Green bespoke, Perry Ercolino bespoke shoemaker, Crockett & Jones, JM Weston, Marinella bespoke ties, Tanino Crisci shoes, Bergdorf Goodman, Beretta, Oxxford, Charvet ties, Robert Talbot, Davide Cenci, and others all get on great with me, too. Â No problems whatsoever with them. Â I'm in terrific company [​IMG] Grayson
    You left us out, but included Beretta?? I'm hurt [​IMG]

15. esquire.

esquire. Well-Known Member

(lisapop @ April 21 2005,07:03) Quote Oh if the knish were their only difference inpreferences. (Or maybe you could say they shared the same preferences.)
    Horses? [​IMG] Grayson
    I saw him with his interests in the village and I wouldn't call them horses. More like ponies [​IMG][/quote] Does anybody else understand what they're talking about? They lost me here.

16. lisapop

Read Steven Gaines' bio of Calvin.  The equine references are oblique allusions to sexual orientation and age of partners.  Now, I must crack open a bottle of beer with my teeth and watch ESPN.
    Grayson

17. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

You're not fooling anyone.

<joke>

18. lisapop

So Kelly is familiar with knishes after all.
    Calvin prefers hot dogs...with buns.
    Grayson

19. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Of course we could also work in something about the "knish," which in Yiddish is also slang for a certain intimate female body part.
    So Kelly is familiar with knishes after all. Calvin prefers hot dogs...with buns. Grayson
    (slaps hand against forehead) Jon.

20. esquire.

esquire. Well-Known Member

So, is Calvin Klein bisexual or really a homosexual who married a woman in order to appease Middle America?

I would think in the fashion world, it would be considered better to be a homosexual than a heterosexual male.