• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigarettes

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think smoking is any classier than drinking or eating, and I do all three.

I smoke Players Light Regular, a Canadian brand.

RamNYC

Reaction score
(RamNYC @ July 10 2005,21:40)
Originally Posted by LabelKing,July 10 2005,16:43
Shepherd's Hotel.
Never heard of it
It is German with an Oriental taste. Fairly hard to get.
You can get them in the US?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to smoke only for pleasure but it always turned into a habit. I smoked Dunhill (regular and menthol). Camel wides were always good for road trips. I tried to knock the habit several times and always picked it back up. I have not smoked for about 5 years now and have no craving for it. I stick to coffee. Less cool, perhaps, but now I have fewer colds, and I don't cough as much, and my clothing never stinks like old something ******. Charvet, Cifonelli, and Corthay don't need the "cool" of smoking.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, just read this thread, coming in late. Interesting to see the split of opinions.

I used to smoke american spirits, because that's what the cool kids did. Couldn't tell you the last time I smoked a cigarette. Now I either feel like ****, or get a dumb buzz and then feel like ****. I smoke cigars on occasion, pretty much just when they're offered to me. I don't pretend to have a well-developed smoke palate.

My parents both smoked until the late 90s, my father still does. When my younger sibs catch him, you'd think he'd committed treason. They're disgusted. They've even cried. The anti-smoking sentiment in this country is incredibly strong...

I'm split on smoking bans. I dislike smelling like smoke, but I like freedom.

People who occasionally smoke cigarettes usually don't get the cool points.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sobranie Black Russians.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My parents both smoked until the late 90s, my father still does. When my younger sibs catch him, you'd think he'd committed treason. They're disgusted. They've even cried. The anti-smoking sentiment in this country is incredibly strong...
How old are your younger siblings? Man, it's like some facistic reflex that the schools and commercials are teaching -- turn on your parents. Yeah, the anti-smoking sentiment is not cool. Smoking, however, is.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(LabelKing @ July 10 2005,23:34)
Originally Posted by RamNYC,July 10 2005,21:40
Originally Posted by LabelKing,July 10 2005,16:43
Shepherd's Hotel.
Never heard of it

It is German with an Oriental taste. Fairly hard to get.
You can get them in the US?
Yes, at some specialty tobacconists that tend to deal with high end ciagrs, and accessories.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I have started smoking Marlboro Reds. Some days, 2 packs. The highest ever. I sit at my desk and work and smoke and have crises of the existentialist manner. I never understood how someone could smoke 3 packs a day, let alone more than one. But perhaps soon I will know.

I have foresworn American Spirits. I don't know why. I was smoking the Nat Sherman NY Cut's but want to go back to the NS "Classics". But I am afraid they're about $8 per pack. I must find American Indian reservation that still stocks them for $3 or $3.5 per packet.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Horace, when I was in exile, I used to be quite in league about with the Cafe Society of various thinkers et al. King Zog joined us, smoking his upwards of 300 perfumed cigarettes a day.

Although when it came to the Frankfurt School sometimes contention arose.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Horace, when I was in exile, I used to be quite in league about with the Cafe Society of various thinkers et al. King Zog joined us, smoking his upwards of 300 perfumed cigarettes a day.

Although when it came to the Frankfurt School sometimes contention arose.

this sounds interesting... can you elaborate on who king zog is? also, what are perfumed cigarettes?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
this sounds interesting... can you elaborate on who king zog is? also, what are perfumed cigarettes?
King Zog was the King of Albania, the sole Moslem monarch.

Perfumed cigarettes are cigarettes that are scented somewhat like menthol cigarettes are flavored.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics