• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigarettes

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This forum explicitly is for the discussion of tobacco. You're welcome to voice your opposition to smoking, but please don't try to overrun the topic with anti-smoking arguments. Here's my input:

-Smoking as a habit is sad.
-Smoking on occasion can be enjoyable. It does wake me up in the middle of a long night of drinking/partying.
-Girls look hot when they smoke.
-Girls should, however, not smoke if I am going to kiss them later.
-I like Dunhill International Lights and Kamel Red Lights.
-The smoke from Marlboro Reds smells the best (when smoked by others).
-Even one cigarette makes me feel like ass the whole next day.
-Whoever most directly responsible for Marlboro Ultra Light Menthols should be killed.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Smoking (and electronics) is my vice. I don't really drink. I don't do any other drugs, I smoke a pack a day and I'm not really interested in quitting. Personally, I understand people who don't like it, thats fine, but frankly it irritates me when people get super- righteous about it. Especially in public places. There are non-smoking bars and restaraunts. If you really are that adamant about it, frequent them. Or don't go to bars. I don't ***** people out for drinking, although its hazardous to your health, and for the most part - drunk people really get on my nerves. They are irritating. Are you driving an SUV? Well then F you buddy, I resent the fact that you are drawing a line in the sand with my legal right to put hazardous burning materials in my mouth. I also enjoy smoking paraphanalia, every once in a while I'll pull out my pipe and enjoy some evening stroll. I like dunhill (dunheel?
smile.gif
) lighters, cigarette cases, and etc. I'm pretty brand loyal with my smokes, I smoke Camel Turkish Golds here in the U.S. and Lucky Strikes abroad. (since the Turkish Golds aren't commonly available outside the U.S.)

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also enjoy smoking paraphanalia, every once in a while I'll pull out my pipe and enjoy some evening stroll. I like dunhill (dunheel? ) lighters, cigarette cases, and etc.

Vintage smoking accessories are absolutely the best.

I own a gold Asprey cigarette case from the 30's, Dunhill Rollagas as well as a 19th century French rose gold with mother of pearl cigarette holder.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smoking _is_ cool. Smoking at night is great. Smoking first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee is great. Smokers are cool. They're interesting. Women who smoke are the best.

American Spirits or Nat Shermans, (or Camels in a pinch). Zippo & Dunheel lighter. Matches too.

I've been ordering my smokes from the Indian reservations.

I usually confine smoking to one room in the house -- but if we have dinner parties, then I'm not a fascist about not allowing smoking around the table.

Is smoking Trad? Hell, it's better than Trad...

RamNYC

Reaction score
How about a good cigarette while laying on the beach? I find it relaxing and girls think its hot. And obviously the after sex cigarette is a great touch.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was it that old Winston Churchill said?

A drink before and a cigarette after are the three greatest things in life.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do people think of smoking cigarettes...I know there will be those of you that flip out for even proosing such a question, but hell, some of us might have other opinions.  I enjoy Parliament Lights, basically now just socially.  I don't really smoke during the day, but occasionally I can be caught lighting up.  To be honest, I think at times smoking can be quite classy.
Only stupid people can smoke  =

Paying for being ill, how do you call these people?

Is looking stupid, beeing a social clone, having bad gum and teeth classy ?

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(RamNYC @ July 10 2005,05:36) What do people think of smoking cigarettes...I know there will be those of you that flip out for even proosing such a question, but hell, some of us might have other opinions. Â I enjoy Parliament Lights, basically now just socially. Â I don't really smoke during the day, but occasionally I can be caught lighting up. Â To be honest, I think at times smoking can be quite classy.
Only stupid people can smoke  = Paying for being ill, how do you call these people? Is looking stupid, beeing a social clone, having bad gum and teeth classy ?
I'm not paying for smoking; or at least not for long-term effects. Right before I get ill, I'm moving to France so that you can support me. Viva la Fumer. Cigarette for Fumer.

Nonk

Reaction score
I gave up 4 months ago (smoked 30+ a day for 17 years and found it surprisingly easy to quit, there is a lot of rubbish talked about that, but that is not the issue here)

I am afraid I have turned into the archetypal "ex-smoker" and am now even more obnoxious and self righteous than most born again Christians, and that is saying something.

For the record I used to smoke Benson & Hedges "lung-busters"

I am considering going back onto my pipe for recreational smoking only.

RamNYC

Reaction score
Is looking stupid, beeing a social clone, having bad gum and teeth classy ?
I don't know what you mean by "social clone." Bad teeth and gums can be avoided by brushing your teeth regularly, and as I said, smoking in moderation. I am not a pack+ a day smoker..there are many days where I have zero. I also run often, play tennis, and golf. I like working out and I also enjoy smoking occasionally..sure it is a vice...sure it can kill....but so can almost everything. Smoking indeed can be attractive..especially when done by a good looking person.

Andrew V.

Reaction score
Cigarette smoke is disgusting, never mind the health effects. I'm so glad that a citywide smoking ban went into effect here in January.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Smoking gives you extra cool points. I only smoke when drinking or out partying.

American Spirits Lights. No artifical chemicals, burns twice as long, less harsh, tastes better, a bit more expensive.

RamNYC

Reaction score
Smoking gives you extra cool points.
Haha, I like it. During the day though, if you see someone cool smoking, don't you want to light up as well? It's sort of wierd because of the person is, on the other hand, say disgusting looking, I get this repulsive feeling and have no desire to smoke. Talk about being influenced by others.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads