• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of Orwell B's. They will be my first experience with this brand. Not only were they on sale at Amazon for €170 less than the list price, but I managed to purchase them just as the pound started to re-appreciate. Pretty good timing for once.

I was actually considering the Pennine as well, but I'm not a fan of the commando sole. Good for traction, but I hate spending my day picking pebbles out of my boots. I'll be interested to see if the Brit sole performs better in this regard.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of Orwell B's. They will be my first experience with this brand. Not only were they on sale at Amazon for €170 less than the list price, but I managed to purchase them just as the pound started to re-appreciate. Pretty good timing for once.

I was actually considering the Pennine as well, but I'm not a fan of the commando sole. Good for traction, but I hate spending my day picking pebbles out of my boots. I'll be interested to see if the Brit sole performs better in this regard.

Cheaney's list prices in € are an absolute scam. Even at the old exchange rate before the sterling dropped in value there is still no way to account for the enormous markups they add to their European pricing. Buy from Amazon or one of the UK dealers like Pediwear or Herring.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed. I obviously searched for the best price. I paid £295 at Amazon.

Northants bloke

Reaction score
Cheaney 'Boughton' chukka boots.

Last edited:

Northants bloke

Reaction score
These were from the factory shop earlier this year. They have the brand name, 'The Cobbler' on the soles which according to Google suggests they were intended for a store in Dubai. No exact equivalent in Cheaney's range but similar to 'Lime' black shoes. I initially had my doubts about a brown toe cap Oxford but my wife approved and bought them for my birthday. They definitely improve with wear and I really like them now.

I am surprised Cheaney is not more popular here.

Last edited:

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still a few left.

These were from the factory shop earlier this year. They have the brand name, 'The Cobbler' on the soles which according to Google suggests they were intended for a store in Dubai. No exact equivalent in Cheaney's range but similar to 'Lime' black shoes. I initially had my doubts about a brown toe cap Oxford but the wife approved and bought them for my birthday. They definitely to improve with wear and I really like themy now.

They look great; I like a lot brown shoes paird with grey socks or suits. :slayer: Can you give more information abot the Lime? It is an option I am considering. Cheaney is great I really like this brand.

Last edited:

Northants bloke

Reaction score
Mine use the same elongated last as Lime but were labelled as 'Westminster'. I like brown but I wasnt sure about it for toe cap Oxfords. These are quite elegant. The dark brown patinated goes with darker grey trousers better than my lighter brown shoes. They look similar except for the colour so I don't know if the leather is the same. Mine were very stiff to start with and took quite a lot of wearing in. Comfortable now though.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These were from the factory shop earlier this year. They have the brand name, 'The Cobbler' on the soles which according to Google suggests they were intended for a store in Dubai. No exact equivalent in Cheaney's range but similar to 'Lime' black shoes. I initially had my doubts about a brown toe cap Oxford but the wife approved and bought them for my birthday. They definitely to improve with wear and I really like themy now.

What last are these on? They look a lot like Herring Churchil.
http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=6&shoeid=2023

Northants bloke

Reaction score
They are both 11028 last but I don't think they are exactly the same.

Last edited:

Northants bloke

Reaction score
A soggy day around Northampton today. These are Cheaney Avon Black with Dainite.

Northants bloke

Reaction score
Cheaney made for New & Lingwood. Rejects due to a couple of small marks in the leather but more than good enough to wear. 205 last again and so far very comfy. First time I've ventured outside in them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads